1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JASON LYONS WORK IN PROGRESS

Morgan McQueeney Feb 10, 2018

1. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks benny ya just got to sharpen one side as ordered milled out inside of handles sitting at 5.0 oz ill try to get a video tomorrow after i sharpen. That is a v2 version of that full dress dagger v1 i made last year hollow ground blade done on 10 inch wheel

Morgan McQueeney likes this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Awesome... how is the blade finished? Looks satin/light brushed...

3. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Its handsanded to 320 grit satin

4. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Argh that hurts. Wow is that pretty. The more I see of these daggers the more I need one.

That is just too sexy.

I'll be ordering a double edged demon mirrored out, I think.

You are really rocking these out.

5. blackmetal1181

Thanks obi daggers are a pain in the ass im going to take a little break from making balis after this run for a little bit to work on some fixed blades and folders just to change it up a little for myself

6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yeah, every maker worth his salt that I have ever dealt with does not like doing d/e daggers because it is so difficult to end up w/ 4 grinds that look exactly the same. But they are one of the best in the looks department that you can get. May not be that practical but in the looks, its hard to beat.

7. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Yes......I would love to add a fixed blade to the JL collection series lol. Also, I'm gonna need a machete as well....acquired an 11 acre blueberry farm last week so you know, whenever you can lol.

8. blackmetal1181

Ill see what i can do. I use to make big fixed blade knives but after i started making folders i converted my homemade heat treating oven down to a smaller size. But i did heat treat a couple chef knives that are ready after i finish this run of balis if you still want one

Morgan McQueeney and Balibuyer like this.
  9. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

Fuck yea I do

10. blackmetal1181

11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

heres another D/E blade you made with all the bells and whistles chad Nickles Dammy and Muka handes was told by Jason it had 14/1500 in materials alone no labor involved in those numbers when he told me that I almost shit a brick ,,my very dear friend Gunny had it made and I received it from Gunny ,,It's one of Jason Hellcats mutants in my mind

g

IMG_2171.JPG IMG_2167.JPG

Attached Files:

12. blackmetal1181

One of my favorite Gary im glad you got it. Its only full dress bali ive made, mokuti is crazy expensive makes damascus look affordable. Cost me 1400 in materials and i had small quantities left over.
    More like 1000 to 1100 in materials but ya a lot and this new one i just made was made from that design i just used thinner material like the v2 and milled out inside of handles 5.0 oz on the new one.

13. blackmetal1181

Im also making another one of those mutant recurve tantos with the recurve at the tip like i made for you Gary. Slightly modified blade with v2 handles. Yours has that crazy glow in the dark material

14. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

and dammy blade from chad n.

g

Balibuyer and Morgan McQueeney like this.
  15. blackmetal1181

No just normal steel on this new one basically a v2 with that blade

Morgan McQueeney and begreen61 like this.
  16. BennytheBlade

Kris blade is next yo....

Morgan McQueeney and begreen61 like this.
  17. blackmetal1181

Once i make my new grinder that i can flip on its side. Also feels played out to me not that its not cool but.

18. blackmetal1181

Going to be making some throwing knives too just for fun. Work on my dagger grinding and test my steel. Took my large field scalpel as reference IMG_20191111_213417.jpg

19. BennytheBlade

Ill take one at least....

20. blackmetal1181

ill make them in packs of 3 and can be done somewhat cheapy i think.