1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

japanese damascus

bubba-san Mar 3, 2009

1. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

This blade is hot off the forge . Just made it today 22 layers suminagashi with blue paper core . should look ok with a nice set handles and sheath will post as I complete . this blade has been forged in a traditional manner using a coal fire this time . thank 's bubba

potterma likes this.
  2. jwells31

jwells31 Little member

:schmoove: It has a nice tradition look to it.

3. bubba-san

I normally use a propane forge but, I forge the old fashioned way also. with this particular steel a chacoal fire is recommended . By traditional I meant the forging technique, not the blade style although, I did get the design from a japanese website with lots of japanese knifemakers goods . I will thin out the handle area some and ,put on some kind of wood or cord wrap ?? what do you think wood or cord wrap ?? Bubba

4. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hey Bubba nice blade!!. Ever do the rayskin over wood then wrapped. That is very nice.:thumbsup:

5. potterma

potterma Huge member

Nice blade!

bubba-san likes this.
  6. bubba-san

yea I have done a few like that , I didn't think folks would like that style ? maybe I will do a couple ! thanks for idea bubba

7. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

I figure to keep the knife with the Japanese tradition it's a must.

Add a nice minuki too:devilzide

8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Anybody hear or seen Bubba-san lately??? tried calling him and emailing him with no luck.