1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with Ruger and broken transfer bars?

GuItArMaN8373 Jul 10, 2018

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Has anyone else suffered or heard of anyone breaking the transfer bar in their Ruger revolvers?

Specifically the New Super Blackhawk?

Trying to see if Ruger will just send me one. Maybe I'll just do a whole new trigger job while I'm at it with the "Power Custom" parts from Brownells.

2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

3. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah, sadly. Sometimes more safety features dont make a gun better or even safer!

4. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

5. GuItArMaN8373

Yeah mine is a "new" model but from the late 90s. Was only a matter of time I suppose. OF COURSE Ruger says they'll need to do it themselves so have to ship them off the whole gun. UGH.