1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Technique

captainblowhole Jan 10, 2012

1. captainblowhole

captainblowhole Captain Coconut

In this 15 minute video, which takes place in Thailand, a master bladesmith makes a jungle knife from scrap in 1.5 hours.
    The way they use discarded items in all aspects of this is kind of innovative and kind of reminds me of how our own ancestors would have been inventive.
    This inventiveness is what helped make our own country become a power as it did.
    They say that necessity if the mother of invention.
    We need more innovation now a days!

[YOUTUBE]msVxu8_JyDk?[/YOUTUBE]

2. Owen

Owen Bushfire Forge Knife Maker or Craftsman

thats great to see I brought back about a dozen knives like those from Thailand when I went there. and have since made many of my own versions.
    good to see them being made

3. Sam Salvati

Sam Salvati Huge member

Looks like he was just banging on one that was nearly finished. Didn't see much innovation there, his setup is most common in this type of shop, he actually looks like he's got some nice commercially made hammers. Usually these guys are more inventive, bicycle parts recycled into a blower for the forge, anvils made from old munitions or sledge hammer heads or tractor parts, he's got a nice bit of round stock for an anvil and nice bick irons for doing the sockets.