1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

In Your Future?

crogers Aug 15, 2022

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

EatBugs.jpg

Rio, Samb and snache like this.
  2. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Makes sense. And not for me.
    At any time, it is estimated that there are some 10 quintillion (10,000,000,000,000,000,000) individual insects alive.
    On Sunday, The Guardian published a story announcing that the Abokado fast food restaurant chain will become the first in the U.K. to feature edible insects on its regular menu. As of Tuesday, Abokado's customers will have the option of adding startup Eat Grub's sweet chili and lime-flavored crickets as a topping on their salad or poke bowl. Or, if they're feeling particularly adventurous, they can snag a snack-sized bag of the bugs to munch on solo.

Samb and crogers like this.
  3. crogers

TBH, most of the world's people eat insects as a regular part of their diet.

I've WE'VE probably eaten more than we realize. I do, as a matter of course, try to avoid them!

snache and Samb like this.
  4. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

I've eaten a few when I could still ride motorcycles.

snache and crogers like this.
  5. crogers

In Oaxaca Mexico, it's a normal treat to indulge in a bag of spiced crickets (chapulines) that are sold by street vendors and as a popcorn-like snack sold in theaters. Many other areas in Mexico have a tradition of eating Pre-Hispanic cuisine that often contains various insects/larva. Ant pupae and larvae, called escamol, is considered an opulent treat in Mexico. It sometimes sells for $50 per pound and is called "ant egg caviar."

I recall reading an article about essential amino acids. One amino acid in particular is only found naturally in meat. Modern vegans can get a supplement that will supply the minimal requirement of this amino acid. Third world vegans get their requirement by consuming insect larva, eggs, and body parts found in the rice, beans, and other plant materials that they subsist on.

Much like most Americans, I have little plan to INTENTIONALLY eat insects unless times get a WHOLE LOT WORSE. Then, I plan to trap and hunt wildlife before I'll resort to bugs.

Several years ago I was having a conversation with a co-worker about what we could eat in case of a nuclear war. She suggested eating bark, and twigs, and berries. I said that, supplemented with some rats, mice, etc. She looked shocked and said "RATS?" I said, "Of course... I gotta have some MEAT!" :cheesydevil:

Samb and snache like this.
  6. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

She sounds like the old Euell Gibbons resurrected.

Samb and crogers like this.
  7. crogers

Tastes like wild hickory nuts.... :cheesydevil:

For all the yunguns....

8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

They can suck my dick and make cum cake with protein and zero dairy.

9. Samb

Used to be my favorite years ago, now it's Captain Crunch.

snache likes this.
  10. crogers

Still interested in eating bugs?

snache and Samb like this.
  11. Samb

Dumb ass got what he deserved.

snache likes this.