1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

In search of Spare Parts (Rep + CHAB)

FlipFlipDropFlipAgain Aug 29, 2020

1. FlipFlipDropFlipAgain

FlipFlipDropFlipAgain Tiny Member

Hey JDs... what up!?!

Copped myself CHAB about six months ago, but then a tang pin fell out and it's just now the same anymore lol... Also lost a washer cleaning and oiling my REP. Tried to reach out to Blade Runner Systems and they haven't gotten back to me... Any thoughts are appreciated!

2. bali_n0ob

bali_n0ob JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

3. FlipFlipDropFlipAgain

BOOM, I will check that out today, thank you kindly!

4. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I'm curious to hear if BRS ever gets back to you. Did you buy the CHAB new?

5. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, I am curious as well. If he did not absolutely beat the crap out of it, it is only 6 months old, I would think that BRS would take care of a fallen out tang pin.

FlipFlipDropFlipAgain likes this.
  6. FlipFlipDropFlipAgain

I did buy the CHAB new and they did say it was under warranty, but I didn’t like having to ship it off for such a simple fix, especially it is is likely to fall out in the future... I would prefer to just have extra tang pins on hand ya know!? I have sent them a few messages get the last 30 days, but no reply on this issue.

7. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

You need to ship it off because they need to get the tang pin sizing correct for your current blade hole size. Tang pins get so specific in tolerancing that adjusting the sizing of them a hair can be the difference between a cracked tang and a loose tang pin. Once they are properly set (on a decent knife like the AB), they won't fall out again.

8. FlipFlipDropFlipAgain

Thanks so much for your two cents. Seems legit. I will take your recommendation and hope it doesn’t fall out again.

seandavid55 likes this.
  9. shinyblades

shinyblades Little Member

Tang pins need to be set before quenching