1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

If zero tolerance made a bali....

GuItArMaN8373 Apr 30, 2018

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Would you buy it? You think it'd kick some serious @$$?

I love the look and quality of their flippers, so just a thought that had crossed my mind.

begreen61 likes this.
  2. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Idk about ZT, if I had to guess I'd think it would probably be overbuilt, heavy, big and have tacky aesthetics like the Emerson bali crossed with a metalmark, that's just if I had to conjure a guess out of nowhere but who really knows. They could knock it out of the park Idk. You got the right idea though, these other companies we like for edc knives need to get their heads in the huddle.

On a semi related note I've long said rick hinderer should do a production Bali patterned after the XM series. I think that would be so fucking gnarly.

Rio and begreen61 like this.
  3. Dustygmt

People will probably think you're talking about a Bali when you say flippers.....

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

If by flipper you mean Bali most likely yes, if by flipper you mentioned changes as I have bought most of the them . Auto correct can suck my ass.

5. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I would like to see a ZT Bali hit the market,,The knives they produce ,have been some outstanding knives for a descent price . They put a lot into research ,I would think they would make one with the flipper in mind ,,,good thread

g

6. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I'm used to most people calling "folders" flippers on bladeforums so I used that term for them. To me, balis are balis (butterfly knives) and flippers are folding knives.

7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Those emerson balis look liked shit clearly they’ve missed the mark, I believe ZT would try to make a bali that reflects on the bali more than on the ZT meaning they will research it, ask questions , look at the market and would not be surprise that it might actually not only look cool but actually flip as it is meant to, I always thought ZT made a decent production knife and even had success in making cool models that sold for a lot more on the secondary market, I hope they do.

Dustygmt and begreen61 like this.
  8. Dustygmt

I know, I was on BF for years before making the switch to JD. To me the same, flipper/folder, Bali/Bali.

9. SycoFlipzz

SycoFlipzz Little Member

I do believe it was kai ( so same comapany as ZT) who did the kimura line. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this was before my time and my folder knowledge is limited.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  10. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I m all kindsa weird on this one.

Rio and begreen61 like this.
  11. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

you are correct.

Rio likes this.
  12. Rio

Like you getting your period weird, that maybe it’ll be cool but probably not weird, or the you fucking weird rio I want to stab your fucking eyeballs weird...????????

BennytheBlade likes this.
  13. aafanatic

aafanatic Little Member

I Love ZT, I still have my 0400, but a tactical bali might not flip well, though it would probably feel cool and look bad @$# ;-)
    They could call it the "Brick".

desmodus likes this.
  14. BennytheBlade

The "it sounds great but immediately worry who would design it" weird. I don't want a ZT Emerson waved Bali but would love a Terry Guinn or Jerry Hom zt.

Rio likes this.
  15. Rio

Got it, good worry :)

BennytheBlade likes this.
  16. BennytheBlade

Les George zt would be cool and they have worked with him already... Anyone else we might guess at?

17. Rio

Hinderer could come up with a cool balisong desing for zt , just a possibility imho.