1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

If I ever catch the cocksucker who did this....

KnifeKnut66 May 28, 2010

1. ronmageddon

ronmageddon Huge member

I think Markous hit the nail on the head.
    Animal cruelty IS a sign of deeper issues. Hell, that's how most if not all serial killers start. Lack of empathy, and willingness to harm a living being. Yep, that's right out of the Dahmer playbook.

Hopefully someone cancels this assholes' subscription to life before he turns on a person.

2. KnifeKnut66

KnifeKnut66 Huge member

Yup I've heard of that happening. Seems to be a pretty classic injury from somebody kicking a cat in the rear end. I don't get why people kick cats and dogs. If you don't like them fine, but don't go out of your way to injure them. Just let me catch some one doing that shit and they will find out how it feels.

sickboy likes this.
  3. lachrymalex

lachrymalex hellion on point

i can't imagine kicking a cat. i can see kicking a dog, especially a larger one, but a cat? wouldn't a solid kick kill one? they seem so frail compared to dogs. not that i'd kick a dog either, mind you, not like i'd kick a chimp or a dolphin, but a big dog could handle a kick, i think. not a cat.

my girlfriend's got 3 cats; well, she had three, now she has two, because one adopted me. i've picked them up, and felt them. i can't imagine that any one of them would survive a swift boot to the face, or are they more resilient than i think?

people who torture animals for kicks are cowards, plain and simple, no different than a guy who diddles kids or beats on his pregnant girlfriend. they wouldn't do that shit to someone who was equal to them in size and ability, and who'd stand up to them. they're less than animals.

4. KnifeKnut66

KnifeKnut66 Huge member

Cats are surprisingly rugged. Hell I've personally witnessed one jump off a third floor balcony and keep on trucking like it was nothing. It was being chased by a dog at the time so you gotta factor in adrenaline but still.....if I tried that shit I know something would be broken!

5. JoeMarion

JoeMarion Huge member

I really hope there isn't any permanent damage to your cat. My cat got hit by a car and the driver never stopped. He lay in the road for at least 2 days (we don't know the exact time amount) and because he didn't have care fast enough his leg got infected and it had to be amputated. I am glad to hear that he can open his eye. :ssmile:

6. KnifeKnut66

KnifeKnut66 Huge member

She's doing ok today, eating, looking for attention, but she's not herself. Out on the porch laying in the sun right now.....

7. JoeMarion

JoeMarion Huge member

Hopefully she'll know she's loved and she'll only be hesitant for a short period of time. I hate knowing my pets are unsure whether they are loved or not.

Samb likes this.
  8. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I am not a cat guy per se.
    I am allergic to them , but we have had cats in the past.
    Some I like , the rest I tolerate.
    But your post reminded me of my favorite poem EVER !http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42958&highlight=bukowski

I'd stomp this waste of flesh on general principals.
    For a cat.
    If it was my dog , I would not be responsible for my actions.

9. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

We had a cat that lost a rear leg because a big ice cycle. after a small fortune he came home from the vets. His name was changed to tripod. One of his favs was laying in the driveway suning him self and after he became tripod the blue jays would torment him relentlessly swooping down and pecking at him as though they new he was handicaped. Then one morning we were looking out the window and we watched him leap up one legged and grab a blue jay mid swoop. needless to say he was in his glory and proceded to shred the blue jay right there in the driveway while the other jays cawed all day. After that he walked tall, (3 legged tall) . I just figured a good cat story was needed here. any bluejay lovers out there, you're on your own..

stoneman and tubtar like this.
  10. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

I have to admit it, I hate cats but that is no excuse for supporting animal cruelty towards them. I hope the cunt that kicked your cat has it coming to him.

11. rabbit

rabbit Average member

Fuckin' jerk(s) that did that..
    I know cats aren't as universally liked as dogs, but most of 'em just wanna be your friend.

[​IMG]

"Death to all those who torture cats; I bring not peace but a sword"
    -David Tibet

12. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Holes punched with the claw end of a framing hammer all over the hood, doors and roof are lots harder. Or a splitting maul.

But I feel you on this.

And yeah, if someone did this to my cat (RIP Mina) or one of my dogs, bad things will happen.

13. marypalooza

marypalooza First *OFFICIAL* JD Mother Lady Devil

Reading your post infuriated me. As an owner of two cats, I can completely understand why this upset you so much.

Mal, our second cat, was adopted from the pound. I wanted a companion for my Dinah who was then about 1.5 years old. My husband was finished with school and looking for work so I knew it was only a matter of time before she would be alone most of the day and I couldn't have that.

So we go to the pound (which was a complete dump but another rant) and see this beautiful black cat and notice that she is 1.5 years old too. We ask to see her so the staff takes her out and brings us to their lunchroom (yes LUNCHROOM, lol), puts the cat on the table, and leaves us for a few minute. At this point, I realize that she is not only front declawed, her previous owners also declawed her back legs. At that point, I had already decided we were taking her regardless if the husband was ok with it. :bwah:

I was beyond upset that not only would someone COMPLETELY declaw a cat, but would then take it to the pound KNOWING that it would be euthanized if she wasn't adopted. Declawing a cat is not cheap, what kind of person would spend that sort of money and do that?!?!?!

Add to the fact that if you can't commit to owning a cat for their lifetime, it is cruel to leave them with no defense mechanisms. It just broke my heart. She came home with us the next day. That was just over a year ago and she is the most awesome cat. She comes when I call for her, and she is always on my lap. And for not having any claws, she kicks my other cats ass constantly when they "play". lol

Negligent pet owners of any kind make me boil. People that harm animals makes me feel stabby. :pissedevil:

SugarSkull likes this.
  14. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

And help you design new and improved scratching poles and litter boxes.
    One of ours was a scratch golfer too.
    They can be amazing once I get past the sneezing.:bwah:

15. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

You should be allowed to spay or neuter the fuck that did this. Take them out of the breeding population.

My neighbors sometimes bug my dogs. Bark at them and such. A few times I have found things in my yard(sub from battleship, hair ties, etc) and if I ever catch them throwing something at my dogs, I will pull them off of their deck and throw them back into their yard.....

Glad to hear she is healing. I agree with what has been said before. Its a sign of more, deeper problems. Good luck.

sickboy

16. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

It looks like too many have had to see this pathological behavior.

Someone took the extra effort to swerve into my Parents driveway to kill a cat they were watching for me until a suitable residence could be found.

My Dad loved him like a child. He came when Dad called his name, and laid with him like a champ. Orange male Tabby. Mojo. Bestest cat one could team with

To flip this on the other side, my second cousin is a Veterinarian. He has the heart for it.

One of many of his efforts really kind of amazed me. A couple dropped by to ask him to help a bit too late. Some type of major eye infection that had destroyed the cat's eyes. Beyond help, he kept the cat.

The eyes had to be removed as a last resort.

It worked. The cat is now his office mascot. Like Ray Charles, the knows where to walk in the building and is doing very well. :devil1:

17. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

SugarSkull, (and all else) This is Buddy, Male orange tabby as well, This is the guy that was kicked at the rear that I posted above. He is a great friend/companion. Not a afternoon or evening he is not sitting on my lap while I sit in my front yard. He is quite affectionate. I can't imagine why some idiot would hurt him. Sorry to hear about your kitty, and all else here as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
    SugarSkull likes this.
  18. Dillon Brock

Dillon Brock strawboss

If you were a responsible pet owner and kept your cat at home maybe you wouldn't have this problem:idunno:

19. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

Last night I watched a HOARDERS show on the A&E channel which featured this slovenly woman who lived in a house with her husband, four children and twenty plus cats and dogs. The house was an utter shambles. The woman NEVER cleaned anything of even did the dishes. There were animal feces everywhere and I couldn't even see where the family could sit and eat dinner. The husband worked 75 hours a week so he didn't have to be there. Eventually the county came and removed her children to a home, she was upset, but understood it was for their own good and that they would be fine. A few days later the county SPCA came to remove most of the animals from the home. That REALLY made her upset!

I don't abuse any creatures or animals (except liberals), but after reading these posts and the dozens like them over the years, I suspect that many of you share the same traits as this woman.
    I'm not saying your slobs, just more caring about dogs and cats than kids.

Just my 2 cents.
    :bruce:

20. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Maybe it's because the dogs and cats can't speak for themselves and they are so trusting of their humans. Children will be taken care of; animals will most likely be put to death.

Just my 2 cents.:bruce: