1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for some Titanium wire??

McGyver Nov 16, 2011

1. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

I recently found several pieces of titanium wire while scrounging in a scrap bin work. Not sure of the dimension off hand, but it's slightly less than 1/16" thick and 3' long, and I got about 40 pieces of it. Question now is what to do with it. I figured I could use some for pinstock or in mosiac pins, or maybe do a wrap if I can figure out a knife style where a wrap would look decent. I dunno. Anybody have any suggestions??

2. Trenton Entwistle

Trenton Entwistle knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Make rings out of it for chain mail weaving, bracelets or chains of course. Looks good anodized. Wish I could find that stuff at my place of employment!

Trenton

3. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

My first thought was a wrap.

4. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Nipple rings?

I like the idea of a all titanum necker or fixed blade. Pins get my vote after the nipple ring thing...

sickboy

5. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Anodize one 3 foot piece in a few colors and handle wrap a dagger ala Gil Hibben...

[​IMG]

6. Nuphoria

Nuphoria Cunning Linguist Lady Devil

Coils for use as lanyard beads... then send me one for giving you the idea please :jdwink2:

7. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

Like this????
    [​IMG]
    They are about 3/8" long and just under a 1/4" inside diameter. I gotta work on my flame ano a little bit, maybe try a soldering iron to make a pattern or something. I've got enough wire to make a hundred or so of these, maybe I'll make a batch and try to sell them. What would you pay for something like this??

Nuphoria, if this is what you had in mind, PM me your address.

8. Nuphoria

Nuphoria Cunning Linguist Lady Devil

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! :thumbsup:

I don't know what the market value would be - maybe $6 at a random guess.

9. balibalistic

balibalistic Outlaw Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Send me some for dunking blades in acid :) that wire would work great!!