1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Iceland funked me up!

Obijuan Kenobe Apr 15, 2010

1. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Devils, I was on the way home to Amsterdam for a week...a little family, a wedding, hanging with friends, with the prerequisite custom combustible botanicals on the side.

Now this volcano has fucked this all up. They are talking about possibly weeks of problems.

Is this the beginning of the end? (Last time this volcano got real angry...SHIT GOT UGLY...around the world.)

obi

2. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Mother nature hates EasyJet.

RoadFish likes this.
  3. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Well you are screwed for at least a few days. They are closing many airports, even here in France. My son just got lucky and came back from London yesterday!! Good luck to you!

Soup_Monger likes this.
  4. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

5. Piet.S

Piet.S knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

6. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

I just wanted to be the odd American in the group, sharing his opinion on the matter....

nope, I got nothin'....

y'all be careful over there.

7. Blastmaster1972

Blastmaster1972 Koele Duivel

Volcano eruptions should be banned.

Now I'm fucking stuck in fucking India and I can't fucking go home. Not that I'm due to fly home, but it's always a comforting thought to know that if you HAVE to, you can.

Kind regards,

Jos

8. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

The last time this volcano erupted, the eruption lasted a year! Toulouse, the airport nearest to me, is closing this evening.

9. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'll pick up the ball.:bwah:
    My Brother is stuck in D.C. , with his family back in Germany.
    I mean really ............a trip through the Smithsonian and a glance at the stairs that the Padre did the 1 and 1/2 with a full gainer down in " The Exorcist "..................you've seen it all.
    Another Brother went on line and found a listing of gay bars to keep him occupied.
    He was not amused.:devil1:
    I am curious...........are the God's upset over the shit I talked about Iceland in a different thread ?
    My bad.:bwah:

10. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

On the bright side this event has made my geology classes a little more interesting.

11. tubtar

Another fine American chimes in !:usa_flag:

See................this motherfucker is like a lesson in global economics.
    We're all going to have to take it in the shit locker on this one , kids.:tubtar:

12. jason.lee740

jason.lee740 West Coast Devil Division

Reagarding the original poster's comment on the world's end... it really seems like its coming to a close with massive earthquake in various parts of oceania and now this volcano thats screwing things up.

It seems like natural disaster are more frequent now or maybe mother nature is just riding the cotton pony. Whatever it is, I hope its over soon.

Best of luck to the people who are stuck.

13. Piet.S

Hell, I thought that only the chemtrail believers would be happy. :devilzeek

14. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Geeze! It slipped my mind that one of my son's is in N.C. and supposed to be heading back to Germany!!

15. tubtar

I bet George would trade places with him if he could.:bwah:

16. D1omedes

D1omedes Average member

As a Yankee, I'm kinda happy that it's not happening over here. Then I remember Yellowstone ... :thinkexplode:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
    jimmydred likes this.
  17. bohica1998

bohica1998 Huge member

18. Piet.S

It's kinda weird to look up and all you see is a clear blue sky, with not a single contrail to grace it.

Tank Buster likes this.
  19. Oliver Mendl

Oliver Mendl Black Forest Devil

few of my co worker's are stuck all over the world, i'm happylie not.

what really IS food for thought. we're talking common flight plan's here. just people that need to fly or have booked their vacations. this is not people trying to evacuate from a country or world-part, so imagine we actually needed to flea from that volcano. can anyone see the mess?

greetings,
    olli

20. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Hard to escape Mother Earth. There is now some evidence that this might be an over-reaction to the problem. Commercial companies in several countries have flown test flights into restricted airspace with no damage to their planes. Of course, to err on the side of safety is probably better than killing a bunch of passengers.