1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I need, you need Balisongs. Quick or you'll regret it.

Obijuan Kenobe Nov 21, 2019

1. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Hello Devils:

I got hit with some shit this month that is tipping the scale past OK.

After some very hard balancing this month, I am not going to make it.

So I am letting some very nice pieces go for cheap so that everyone is very happy afterward.

First is a Ti Bas from HOM knives. This knife is a 9.5/10. There is a flaw on the belly of the edge that I cannot really photograph, but it is there. I am extremely annoyed, as it was there from the previous owner who sold this knife as NIB. The flaw is not a clip, or a crack. It's more like a scratch and slight bend? It cuts paper right past this flaw, and the flaw is not visible in the silhouette.

So I am asking 375 shipped...and you'll get a nearly flawless example of this piece...for dirt. No take backs.

[​IMG]

Next is #15 Hellcat from J Lyons. Dope knife, dirt cheap. 375 shipped. No take backs. (You must photograph a shoe when showing a Hellcat.)

[​IMG]

Dragonthorn Leather Balisong pocket sheath for two sharpies, an iPhone and some cards on the back. Green stitching...dark brown leather. There is a flaw in the leather at the base of the balisong portion that is not a cut but a natural flaw in the leather. This was a +200 USD sheath...asking 150 USD...or 100 if included with either knife above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So 375 for HOM Ti Bas. 375 for the Hellcat. Add 100 to take a knife and sheath. Sheath by itself is 150, but only after at least one knife is taken. Take the whole lot for 800?!

PayPal goods and services...shipping to CONUS USPS priority with signature included.

Thanks for helping a Devil out. Be well.
    And thanks to the mighty JD.

obi

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

375 FOR A CUSTOM w/ the maker available on this very forum. Jeebus!!

3. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Holy shit and yes your right about the foot haha

crogers, seandavid55 and begreen61 like this.
  4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Ill take the hellcat.

5. Satzay

Satzay Little Member

Pm’d

6. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

You still have bas? Have box?

7. Obijuan Kenobe

Hellcat is sold, thank goodness to Benny!! Yes!!!

Yes!!

And the Basilisk is still available as well, with box. Someone must want that pimp sheath?!

obi

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  8. Shawnjohn999999

Can you give me a couple more pics. One of the scratch?

9. Obijuan Kenobe

I can do that tonight...but I cannot promise you'll see much. It's really really hard to photograph, as it is more or less a flaw in the polish of the edge...and maybe a slightly bent? I cannot feel a nick at all with my finger nail, and as stated above it cuts papers through this flaw. And you cannot see it in the silhouette. It's something that maybe even a stropping would remove, TBH.

10. Shawnjohn999999

I appreciate you doing that. I'll check tonight. Thanks

RexRippin likes this.
  11. Scott Orange

Scott Orange Little Member

If the Basilisk is still available I will take it please.

12. Obijuan Kenobe

So I did my best with what is most convenient. I, in fact, CAN feel the flaw with my finger nail, so this is probably more disappointing to some. But it is a flaw that I dare say could be fixed by someone that wanted to in probably what would amount to less than one minute of work.

The required out of focus shot, so you can see where it is...white dot at the belly of the blade here.
    [​IMG]

Next flashed shot shows how it's not so cut and dried what happened here. I am the second owner, and noticed this about 30 seconds after opening the box, so it's something. First owner claimed it came that way. I could see it in one of his photos in looking at his sales thread, so I left it.

Zoom in as the edge is in sharp focus. In this photo the flaw is more black than silver, and longer than in the first picture.

[​IMG]

Final photo exaggerates the visibility very well, so as to be sure no one is surprised by it. But you'd be fussing all day to get this shot again, I gu guarantee it. I am not even really sure how I got it. I have a flashlight and a flash here, I think. It looks very very bad here, but it is a trick of the reflection. But that is why I don't really know what happened. The edge is sharp, but a little bent, I think. And scratched more on one side than the other.

[​IMG]

Tip is intact and I never removed the latch although the previous owner may have. I have the box and the sticker, I think.

Sorry for the double daily bumping here.

13. Shawnjohn999999

Is it factory edge?

14. Shawnjohn999999

I'll take the bas

chutcher and RexRippin like this.
  15. Obijuan Kenobe

Both knives appear to be sold. There was a flourish at the end, so sorry for the guy that missed the cheap Bas.

Sheath/pocket carry organizer still available 125.

Thx JD.

Thanos74 and BennytheBlade like this.
  16. Obijuan Kenobe

I am posting here that I did not see Scott's post. I am following the general 'rule' of the forum that if you post "I'll take it" in the thread, that trumps all other interested parties.

In this case, I don't know what else to do. I sent Shawn a PM with my Paypal this morning, but then when Scott read my PM, he pointed out that he posted an "I'll take it".

I needed to sell a knife, and so I feel like posting in the thread is the king around here. If this were a once in a lifetime custom worth 5K, it would certainly be the case. So here, I think I have to go with the public commitment post over the earlier interest in the knife.

I am again very sorry if I come off as the dick here. I think you could go either way on this one.

I feel like I'd vote for the public post of "I'll take it" as being THE #1 way to get a knife on JD...besides sending Paypal.

snache, Zeeman, Thanos74 and 4 others like this.
  17. Scott Orange

Scott Orange Little Member

Payment sent. Thank you MJD.

RexRippin likes this.
  18. BennytheBlade

Posting Ill take it is king around here and most everywhere else. You did the right thing according to our rules.

19. Shawnjohn999999

It's all good. Was looking for a collector and it didn't fit the bill. Things happen for a reason. I'll save up for a pale. Obi was cool about it.

20. BennytheBlade

And now, so are you.

Thanos74 and apdallaround like this.