1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I need some major smoke and prayers

stdlrf11 Jan 13, 2017

1. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

First off, my spelling and punctuation are all fucked up. Hydrocodone and one good arm tend to do that shit.

I tried to post this Saturday, but intense pain, vBulletin 5.2.5, and hardcore meds didn't let me.

Saturday afternoon, I walked out my front door, slipped on the ice and landed on my left elbow. The impact shattered the top of my humerus as it pushed out the top of my shoulder socket.

I had to pick myself up and get my wife to take me to the hospital, Baylor Irving.

They had to transport me to Baylor Dallas because of the complexity of the break. It was both broken in five places AND dislocated.

Sunday morning they tried to put me under and put the joint back in place, but it kept popping out.

Monday afternoon they opened me up and placed 10 pins and a plate in the humerus to mend the three pieces together. Another two pins went into the surrounding bones to keep the joint together.

I came home Wednesday.

It's going to be a long, painful recovery.

[​IMG]

Lapedog likes this.
  2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Huge smoke & prayers sent! I fell off the front porch & landed on my head about 2 weeks ago. We got to be careful on those front porches! Makes you think they're after us!

Lapedog and stdlrf11 like this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Damn man. Sending good thoughts your way. Could have been me many times over this winter.

4. KaliKid

KaliKid Brigade Member Brigade Member

Man, I am so sorry this happened. Prayers sent for a speedy (and painless) recovery. Heal up quick cause we need you to continue to kick some ass!!! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

5. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Holy shit! It hurts to just read about it, I can't imagine living it. Smoke and Prayers my friend.

6. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

How about you don't do that anymore?! Ow, fucking ow!!!

7. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Yikes! Ouch! Sending positive energy your way. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

8. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Terrible, Thoughts of a speedy recovery your way.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  9. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You too?!

Apparently, we are in need of some "common sense" porch laws in this country. :jdwink2:

I feel for you, In the 80's my dad fell off a truck while doing some loading and broke one arm in 7 places,

and dislocated the opposing shoulder.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

He was in a harness to keep him from moving BOTH arms for a while.

Smoke and prayers coming your way, at least try to enjoy the much needed pain meds. :ropeman:

10. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's reasons like this that I don't use my front porch!

Smoke and prayers heading your way!:thumbsup:

BTW, that hydrocodone is some pretty good shit, ain't it? :drugslikeme: :bwah:

11. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Jeezeman! Rest up, learn to use the forum software,...And feel better in the meantime! :hippy:

12. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your nasty fall. Get lots of rest, and I will send up the smoke and prayers for you!:smilieonstretcher:

stdlrf11 likes this.
  13. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Smoke and prayers for a speedy recovery. I am always ultra careful on porches after I took a three foot fall over the side of a concrete porch. Bounced of a car hood rolled on the ground banged my brain cells up. But I was able to get back up. Lucky I had done so much sport. Learnt how to roll. Seriously I hope you will heal well.

Rosie.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  14. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Prayers sent friend.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  15. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

The hydrocodone works better because I can control the dose. They had me on morphine for a bit, then a dilaudid shot every two hours. It would wear out after 1.5 hour. That sucked. I had a dilaudid button that gave me a dose every time I pushed it (every 10 minutes). I'd fall asleep and wake up in huge pain.

It was hell.

Kelper likes this.
  16. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

That sucks big time. Take PT seriously. Push, but not too much. Heal fast.

sickboy

stdlrf11 likes this.
  17. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

That explains a lot!! :bobert:

You know I'm kidding Rosie! :jdwink2:

Kelper and stdlrf11 like this.
  18. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Your kidding. Dammit I thought you were serious for a moment crogers. :heartsmile:

stdlrf11 likes this.
  19. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Holy shit , Lee.............you don't play when it comes to pain and suffering.

I can't imagine.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  20. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

very sorry to hear, will be keeping you in my prayers for relief from your pain, and a speedy recovery as well my friend.

stdlrf11 likes this.