1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I may quit making knives......

M.Olexey Apr 12, 2009

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

I just got digital cable and I can't tear myself away from it. 200 channels.....what a marvel of quality entertainment. Why does anybody even bother leaving the house?

NOT!!!!!!!!

I did just get digital cable but the only thing I'm amazed at is how much worthless content they can get onto the 200 channels. I never bothered with upgrading and now I know why. The only reason I did it is the cable company called and offered the service, which included upgrading my internets access, at no extra charge.

I now feel qualified to say that television is pure shit! I think maybe one program in 100 is semi interesting and then you still have to put up with the commercials that are so moronic that it's criminal. I'm not sure it is designed to dumb people down but is definitely catering to the lowest common denominator.

So actually, T.V. is inspirational. It inspires me to want to leave whatever room its in.

If it wasn't for my internet access I would cut the cord.

mo

2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

so many channels way to much crap to choose from , get back in the shop:decisions:devil1:

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

They got me with "the triple play" by lowering the overall co$t

(more money for internets!)

:madaddy: :devilzeek

4. SSandshark1050

SSandshark1050 Devil @ heart

I thought the same thing and catch myself only using discovery channel, history channel, military channel, military history channel, DIY network and the movie channels... Maybe the XM radio channels too. The outdoor channels and the speed channel rule too.

It seems like a waste but the kids get a whole channel dedicated to age appropriate programming. I'm on the net more than I watch the TV also.

Good post, I'm sure we all have thought of this at one time or another.

5. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

:devilzeekDamn.....MO...you had me worried....................:semper:

6. balibalistic

balibalistic Outlaw Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Get yourself a viewsat fta reciever..,play around a little and next thing you know you'll get 1000+ channels,all ppv ect free!!! i used a coolsat for years but they're phasing 'em out and are gearing all support to viewsat.gotta get me one of those puppies here soon :)

or just grind more blades :decisions

7. SaintMyKill

SaintMyKill Huge member

Take a bat to the TV set and get back to the shop. Lots of us are waiting lol.

8. M.Olexey

I'll stick with grinding......1000 channels would really piss me off when I figured out 990 were worthless.

There are some decent channels like Discovery, The Military Channel, etc but you still have the commercials. That's what really puts the icing on the turd. When you think about the massive amount of money and resources devoted to advertising and then weigh it's contribution to society it just makes you want to toss a marketing exec off of a tall structure.

I shall find my peace .....or is it piece...whatever...I shall find it in my shop grinding my fingernails to the quick or browsing the JD on a Sunday afternoon chilling with my online homies.

:morpheus:

:poke1:

:dogpile:

:alienbanger::drunkards::2morebeers::bbq:

:JD_period:

back to the shop.....fuckin whip crackers :neilson:

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  9. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

the only things worth watching are the history channel, discovery channel, military channel, travel channel and sci fi channel

10. M.Olexey

Now to get the cable company to offer a package just for those :strike:

11. wildman

wildman Huge member

Time

It isn't the TV that is taking all my time, it's this damn internet and great forums like this. I MUST STOP, I MUST STOP. :decisions NOT.:cheesydevil:

12. JDG23

JDG23 Huge member

You scared me there for a minute!:devilzeek

13. Will

Will Zermeno Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well if you can throw Fox news in there I'll take that package being that now I have every channel offered here and I only watch those. Well except for the travel channel can't say I watch that.

14. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

Are you crazy? No sports? :wes:

The last time I was glued to the TV was during the Olympics.

I watched as much as I possibly could, and loved every minute of it.

15. themicrotech

themicrotech ←The № 1 Texan→

Ditto!

I watch the fucking thing about three hours a week and I usually end up pissed off even then. They don't call it the "Boobe Tube" for nothing! Nothing will turn you into a useless Gube quicker!

Would like to get the price down though! I also pay for the digital and internet package, shit is expensive!

MO glad you realized there's no place like the shop! Grind away my good man!

16. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

well since you asked, I find professional sports to be filled with overpaid thugs with a sense of entitlement that I would rather not support

:devil1:

Billy Stewart likes this.
  17. Billy Stewart

Billy Stewart knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well said Ken i agree 110%!:devil1:

18. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Lets not forget the cowboy channel, I can almost watch an old rerun from beginning to end.

19. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

hoo fuckin raa baby

20. M.Olexey

There is a channel that plays commercial free uncut movies that spits out a winner every few days. They had Unforgiven a few nights ago so I was able to record it on the DVR.

Some of the Olympics holds my interest but professional sports suck out loud. No interest. Most times I can't even tell you what's in season. I love it that most guys you run into assume you are into it.

"How 'bout that game last night?"

my response "There was a game last night?"

Then they look at you like a dog that heard a funny noise. Or they start going on about that guy that did that thing in the 4th quarter or inning or whatever until they figure out I have no fucking idea what they're talking about. Then there is an uncomfortable silence and we can go about our business. :cheesydevil:

mo