1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I look in the Voodoo section and there are a lot of balisong sell offs

CDR_Glock Dec 10, 2016

1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

But you haven't sold the right knife...to the right person...

arshole...

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:fixed:

*** IF I ever do... I'll start a thread. I'm sure everyone cares and will want to know :ropeman::bwah:

3. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

I dunno man, I have to disagree here as nothing was ever actually taken from the original.

Was still marked 00, was still a MidTech (which in my opinion flip better than the production and still has the classic bark on the blade), and was still one of the original two prototypes that were part of the genesis of everything that is -=BRS=- (then again, as someone who knew and was friends with them before BRS, that might hold a little more value to someone like me than someone else).

Wouldn't call anything that has happened a copy at all, not even close.

Hell, aside from some Mutants, I don't even think I have seen a Midtech be anodized, let alone green.

Green, however, is a popular color, so from the factory or not, it was gonna happen, which is sad that that would cheapen it for you.

Anyway, everyone has their reasons for things. Again, I'm just salty I didn't get to be the one to try to buy that one from you as THAT is a true grail bali to me, and that's not a term I throw around.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This^^^^

(When I saw it in other hands, I thought it was on loan....)
    Surprised to hear it was sold.

I likely couldn't have afforded it, so it's very possible that I can only pretend that I could add my name to the list of people who wished they had the opportunity to buy it.

But-the history/significance of that "OO" can't be denied.--buutt like stated above we all have reasons for selling.

5. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Yep. 00 and the 'Bird are the two that hold most value for me.

6. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I think I posted that in the "Grind My Gears" section a few years ago lol.

I'll add to that list...
    People who call themselves "collectors" who sell off their knives at the first chance at a $50 profit.

***I'm just in a grumpy mood...it's cold in Minnesota:bwah:

7. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Both of those balis were touted as "going to the grave - never sell"

Both were sold - heh.

both probably for way too little too. My guess is both were sold for less than a one of many dobie or ikoma but oh well.

8. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

:bwah::bwah::bwah:I remember that.

The 00 I understand. Not gonna hate on that.

The DaBird one I just shook my head. It should have ended up in only one place...win the raffle, give condolences, then mail it off to the family.

***Money talks

9. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It was still an amazing bali! And I agree no where near the original. But I can understand where you're coming from. I'm just glad to see it go to a good home!

CDR_Glock likes this.
  10. laughingbuddha

Can you... seriously!? Because I'm really struggling lol.

The way I see it, the guy had an iconic knife. He knew it was special because he told everyone that he "would take it to his grave". Didn't just say that once but repeatedly over many posts. Made it abudently obvious and clear he was never going to sell.

Then he went back on his word and the reason he gave was "When I saw some copies of it, I got turned off after all. It "cheapened" the concept of an exclusive knife".

Like... what copies? He can't mean the ano'd green production AB's because that seems too stupid for words. Nah! that can't be it. Comparing a one-off midtech Matt Cook AB to a production ano'd AB is just plain silly.

What other midtech AB has been ano'd green, stamped with 00 and has a pocket clip? I can't think of any. If I'm mistaken please someone prove me wrong.

The OP obviously wants the reason why he sold his knife discussed... otherwise why start this thread.

Let's be honest here. The real reason is money.

***BTW I'm never selling my DD AB. Feel free to call me an arsehole if I do :bwah:

OnceBitten likes this.
  11. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

12. laughingbuddha

Calling it as I see it!

I can't do pretend lol.

... maybe JJ is right :ropeman::bwah:

Linos likes this.
  13. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Maybe just maybe it's an invitation for offers. The high end stuff tends to change hands off the books and this would serve as a pretty good notice that "Everything" is for sale for the right offer.

14. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Of course im right, I actually am right more often than I get credit for...just saying...

i said id never get married, swore it...I've been married for 13years now...said I'd never buy another black car, swore it...I've owned 3 since....I said I'd never buy another dodge, swore it...I bought another dodge last year.....People change their minds, it's their mind to change...Buddha said he won't sell me a particular knife, he will....arsehole

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2016
  15. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It was sold already by the time this posted.

It was a piece of modern balisongs for sure.

But you're right, everything sells for the right price. Plus, I just happen to be into guns more.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  16. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'll be honest with you, when those other green one's came out I thought it was damn right disrespectful! Yours was supposed to be the only one done in green from the maker/manufacturer and that word was not honored.

CDR_Glock and Baliman987 like this.
  17. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

....Siriussly?