1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I hope no rabbits were harmed in the making of those gloves

maddawg918 Sep 7, 2012

1. maddawg918

maddawg918 mad member

Back up for sale.

If you fucking aren't going to honor your fucking word, don't fucking pm me.

Mike Stewart is right again.

"Christ almighty, it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids or something..." Johnny Tyler

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Out the little deadbeat(s). I'm always happy to start a field thread regarding some little fuckwad who doesn't understand that our word is all we really have. :balrog:

So Mittens, when you say "the funds are available," that doesn't mean you might allocate them to the purchase if it is convenient. It means you are going to buy. You don't express interest but ask the buyer to wait. What the fuck is wrong with you?!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  3. Mittens

Mittens Huge member

Hence why I asked him to wait(all he had to say was no I won't wait, but he obliged) because I was waiting for the funds from another sale to arrive (and they did in the allotted time I said), and I was ready to buy. But LIFE HAPPENED and I needed to use the money to fix my car. Fucking sorry. I would rather be able to get back and forth to work than have a balisong, and if that makes me a bad person, so fucking be it. It's not that I didn't have the money, because as Maddy would know I clearly proved I did. I do want it, but something came up and it turns out I wasn't able to. It's not that "ohhh noooo mommy and daddy said no" "he doesnt have the money for it" fucking blah blah blah... I was ready to buy it and I expressed that, but something came up in which I NEEDED to spend the money for something more essential than a fucking knife.

Shit happens, grow up.

4. maddawg918

maddawg918 mad member

Please allow me to retort.

If the funds from a knife sale make up the bulk of your portfolio you don't need to be buying knives IMHO.

sirhorsechoker likes this.
  5. Frstr8

Frstr8 First Rate JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Agreed!

Mittens, you are on a short leash. Watch your fucking mouth.

6. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I agree and once something is said you can't undo it.

7. Mittens

Mittens Huge member

They don't, but when I have to drop 3500$, I need all of the money I can get. I'm 19, living on my own, paying out of my pocket for school, and working 60 hours a week.

Sorry if I seem hostile, it's been a hell of a fucking week.

8. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Miittens, unfortunately, is one of the first to get whacked by this recent action. We don't have it in for him; we just want everyone who says they will take a knife, to take that commitment seriously.
    thistoowillpass,
    rats...

9. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Yeah, take your licks. It is lame under any circumstances.

If you are spending money from your main budget (like I do), then this can happen.

But if you take this seriously (the whole trading, buying, and selling thing), then you have to take all agreements you make while doing so seriously as well.

I understand that if your car breaks down, you probably have to do something about it.

But if you want to enjoy the privileges associated with being a semi-respected member of this community, then you have to take what you do within it as seriously as the rest of us.

See you in a week.

obi

10. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Bonerheads be calm and stuff

11. maddawg918

maddawg918 mad member

Damn, my first time in the field..... I love the smell of corn.:manganr:

Let me say that I hold no ill will towards Mittens. I truly feel sorry for him regarding his car problems, $3500 to fix it sucks.

But I stand by my comment, if $3500 can make or break you, if it means the difference between walking/driving, you shouldn't be buying $450 knives. I mean fuck, you want to buy a knife that makes up almost 13% of all the money you have in the world? Jesus H. Christ, stop flipping the fucking balisong, click on: http://www.daveramsey.com/home/
    and set yourself a budget. I realize you are young, but trust me, the financial habits you start now are going to become ingrained.

12. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

OR maybe if your financial situation is that tight you should stay out of the for sale section, you have obviously confused purchases for your hobby confused with purchases that are necessities. Maybe time for "you" to grow up and put aside a nest egg for emergencies instead of living pay check to pay check.

markandrex likes this.
  13. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

Crap I was typing on my damn phone while you were basically posting the same shit :facepalm

14. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

One other thing to consider is that when you ask someone to hold an item for you until you obtain the funds that you intend to use to pay for that item, the seller is missing an opportunity to sell the item to other potential buyers --- to his financial detriment.

15. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

This is the Principle behind it.

The initial offering/opportunity is stalled and when the item is again made available, the sale is tainted. People assume there is an issue with it.

16. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

when i hear excuses instead of a true apology i know you are full of shit.
    rio 2012

17. 1986mpv

1986mpv JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This is why, whenever I ask a seller to hold something, I always offer more than the asking price. Oftentimes, if I resell it, I take a loss. So be it.

18. maddawg918

maddawg918 mad member

This seems to be the case.