1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I get to tour Benchmade on Monday. Any questions I should ask?

Carson May 2, 2014

1. Carson

Carson Rust Wizard Brigade Member

topic describes it pretty well. I've got plenty of questions I'm going to ask while I'm there, but I was curious if anybody has a question they'd like asked while I'm there.

Hateful stuff won't be passed on. I'm not trying to ruin a badass trip with something that'll flame up the guy giving me a tour.

2. amen74

amen74 Down For Life

Yes. When do they restart production on the 42. Or any 4x series Bali's. :ross:

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

:thumbsup:

4. Carson

It's on my list (and was before too!)

Papercuts likes this.
  5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Custom shop coming back??

6. Carson

The custom shop kind of got shifted into the gold class/concept team. I don't think with just one or two guys they're worried about bringing the custom shop back.

The ti handle Balis may not be gone forever, but won't be a production model again.

That's kinda the word I got.

7. bumgilligan

bumgilligan JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

How big was it? Did you get any swag?

8. Carson

Sorry I missed the response! When I got home, I went to training for work and spent my time studying for the test. Took that yesterday and I'm home again.

It's a signficant building, but not as large as I'd figured on it being. In 2008 they had an expansion of the factory floor of ~4000 sq. ft. I want to say that basically doubled their area. Now they have offices and such up front which are probably ~2500 sq. ft since they're on two floors.

I got a pair of socks from the launch of the HUNT series. Derrick wanted to give me something that I couldn't otherwise get and that certainly fit the bill. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014