1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

"I find it so hard to believe..."

Cadi Con Carne Mar 14, 2009

1. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

...that you can't just fucking come out and say that you think I'm lying?

My mom has been pulling this shit a lot lately. I am SICK of it. I offer to prove my words, and I get the "you don't need to talk to me that way". Well how's about cutting the bullshit? Either you think I'm full of shit and want to see proof otherwise, or you don't. Don't sit there and give me the "I think you're full of shit but I don't want you to prove me wrong".

URGH. What the FUCK?

2. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

yeah... it is a bitch when that happens... reasons like that are why I generally keep shit to myself, and when I tell my parents something about my life they're happy to hear it.

That said, I hope things work out better for ya cadi.

3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

And you can't give Mom the " punch in the face of truth " either.
    Is it an overwhelming need to be right on her part ?
    Because the only appropriate answer there is " yeah , whatever."
    It can be like trying to fight city hall.........just not worth the effort.

4. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

Mother Daughter fights, I love it!

My wife and daughter used to go at it tooth and nail! :lafflol:

Cadi, I'll give you the same advice I gave my own sweet daughter:

"Be the bigger person, and "Yes" your mother to death, knowing full well that YOU are in the right. Take solice in the fact that she's going to die before you, and you can piss on her grave!"

Even thru her tears, that statement made my daughter laugh. I hope you're laughing too.

5. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

OH, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them's fightin' words, as far as I'm concerned!

I would have MUCH prefered my kids telling me to go fuck myself straight out, than to hear them tell me "What ev-aaah"

"Whatever" is one of those "buttons" my kids learned to press when they wanted to get me REALLY pissed off at them. It wasn't until after they pushed that "button" that they realized they never should have touched it in the first place! :devilzeek

6. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Being right and having to be recognized for being right are two different things. Long ago, I realized that the need to be recognized for being right is a thing of ego in a lot of situations and not essential. Sometimes making others believe that you are right is essential, as in "that's a train coming down the track, not just a light at the end of the tunnel!"

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

The obvious answer is "go for it." I'm just sayin...

8. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Family is one of those weird never win situations (they are all crazy). I have found that most times it really isn't worth the blood pressure unless it involves something that will impact my daughters life or psyche.

Most times I just think of that whole flies-honey-vinegar thing, and picking your battles etc...

9. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Every once in awhile my mother used to say... "You're so full of shit, your eyes are brown!" I couldn't deny it. :ssmile:

10. Cadi Con Carne

Cadi Con Carne Kwitcherbitchin' Lady Devil

See, I have no problem letting it go in most situations. But this is in regards to school. I am busting my ass to succeed, and I feel like she's standing there behind my back shaking her head. She disbelieves that there are classes that the school requires for application to the nursing program that I don't have. Welcome to the world of Schools Not Agreeing with Each Other. She doesn't have any first-hand experience with college, which might explain her lack of understanding, but then again if that's the case, she shouldn't insult me and guilt me when I try to explain or prove my point.

It's just eminently frustrating. I'm figuring out the truth about a lot of things with my parents, and it's a rude awakening...my mom was the one who was my friend and could do no wrong, but now my opinions are changing, and it makes me sad.

11. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

sometimes, when someone close to us is suffering a self-esteem issue,they engage in self-destructive behavior,and one way that manifests is to hurt those who love us: she's been your friend for a long time,and just now is lashing out...perhaps she's seeing you forge ahead into realms she never did/could,and is resentful (of herself?)...

12. Fenlore

my dad and I used to fight tooth and nail, always but heads... and we still fight now and again, I have the feeling it's a similar situation. Me thinks in the end it's the old, she wants whats best for you and for some reason just can't see through what you also want... it's like my dad nto letting go of the fact he wanted me to go into refrigeration, he's pushed me for 5 years on it till a few weeks ago I told him off about it.

13. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

sounds like maybe he wants you to take up his torch,and make it shine better than he was able to? I see some people who didn't achieve what they set out to,and wish to see their kids finish the race for them,so that they can feel validated,vicariously.

14. Fenlore

dude, just using my life as example for now, trying for the whole relate to thing. The closest thing to a torch my dad has is a soldering iron, he just wants his boy to have financial security, I figured all that stuff out already.

Dis be cadi's thread, lets keep it that way... however, thanks for the thought bud.

15. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

no worries friend...hope you,and cadi can work thru all this stuff (respectively).Nowdays it's hard 'nuff to claim what we need for ourselves;even harder when there's pressure/stress/turmoil comin' from family directions...wishin' y'all Peace on your households...

16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

Cadi; from what I've seen here,you're a very strong woman.There are only two individuals you ever need to impress;the person lookin' back atcha when your brushin your teeth,and yer Maker.It's real hard when it's family callin' your play into question,and there ain't no easy answer/remedy.All you can do is KNOW that you're strong enough to surmount any challenge,and focus on taking your own measure with your own ruler.Don't ever see yourself through any eyes but your own,and if you see what I see,you'll make out just fine.Faith in yourself will carry you...Peace on you darlin',you're gonna be o.k.

Dillon Brock likes this.
  17. bigmark408

bigmark408 BANNED Fucktard

Parenting is a tough job.

One must become independent if they don't want to here it.

18. Fenlore

I'll agree with that statement, though I can't offer any personal experience in the matter, but from what I've seen, yeah.

19. SSandshark1050

SSandshark1050 Devil @ heart

moms always pull that shit. they suggest things in a passive aggressive way and always beat around the bush and it's quite frustrating. Call them on it and they don't know what you're talking about. I can be called a Liar by anyone, know it is not true and give them a big "fuck you" but when mom does it and I know I'm being truthful, I'm hurt and take total offense to it.

moms never are, and never will be wrong :cheesydevil:

20. Fen

Fen Little member

Ever thought of getting the school to put that in writing for you?