1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I could use some help!

Poolshark May 1, 2011

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Are you shitting me ?
    It sounds like a feminine hygiene product , for Christ's sake.:bwah:
    C'mon rats.........get those creative juices flowing.:devil1:

2. tubtar

Judy says " Olivia ":jdwink2:

3. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

Massengill? :devilzide

How about Kathleen.

4. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Listen to her........or else. :D

She's onto something.

Actually, so are Rat Fink, SmoothOne, RoadFish, etc.

It seems that the names that start with a vowel flow a lot smoother after the "t" in Violet.

Here's a few more:

Adele
    Adeline
    Adrienne
    Adriana
    Amalie
    Ariane
    Ariele
    Aubry
    Elaine
    Emanuele
    Emilie
    Emmeline
    Esme
    Isabelle

Just doing my part to make the decision TOUGHER. :bwah:

5. Poolshark

Poolshark Captain America Brigade Member

Wife went into some early labor stuff yesterday. Yikes. They got it under control and she is taking some days of bedrest before she considers going back to work. I am dutifully passing along all the ideas you folks have had. Some have gotten really positive responses and I have heard her relay some of them on to her mother for consideration. Good work.

6. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

The RoadFish family's thoughts and prayers are with your family. Keep us posted!!

7. Katwyld

Katwyld Devil Doll Lady Devil

*big hugs* and LOTS of love for ya both. I can only imagine how scary that is. Hope all is well.

8. Herring223

Herring223 Huge member

What is you go with Violet Katie Binet or Katie Violet Binet. Hope everything goes well and keep the info coming.

9. Poolshark

Well tomorrow is the big day. The debate still rages as people in the family think that just because they have an opinion (which I am happy to listen to) that their ideas must be followed (douchebags)

10. Poolshark

Ok. It looks like this.

1 Glenn Blu, Ashley, Emma, Lynn

2 Tank Buster May

3 gpd215 Morgan

4 Rickey brock Raye, Iris

5 Dee Pearl

6 Marc Spector Jewel

7 Tpetsch Avah

8 Firepowerfox Alexandria

9 Clydetz Joy

10 Once Bitten Elise

11 Norcal Rae

12 Primal13 Rose

13 nuknfutzrn Magnolia

14 Roadfish Aimee

15 Au5t3n5 Marie

16 begreen Spring, Dawn

17 bigjoe25ss Jade, Rain

18 Hot.Soapy Elizabeth

19 Sugarskull Chardonnay

20 Acudigital Lily, Laurel

21 Smoothone25 Anne

22 El Gringo Hillary

23 Tony Shay

24 Ratfinkelstein Eve, Kathleen

25 Katwyld Lee, Mae

26 Tubtar Olivia

27 Once bitten Adele, Adeline, Adrienne, Adrianna, Ariane,
    Ariele, Aubry, Elaine, Emanuelle, Emilie, Esme
    Isabella

28 Herring Katie.

Ok I believe this is correct. I guess I will close this list now to prevent some Newb from typing in every name in the English language. I will debate these names with the wife for a while. She always has complete veto power on the names and if she gives birth and says the name is Sally Peanut thats just how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
  11. tubtar

Homage to a legend perhaps ?
    Frank Sinatra Binet ?
    I know it's going to be a girl , but Elton John Binet just doesn't have the same pizzaz.:bwah:
    Best wishes for healthy and happy..........after that , what ever you decide to call her is just icing on a well made cake.

12. Poolshark

Well we already call my eldest son "Frankie" so having a Frank Sinatra for a daughter would just be confusing and "John Binet" is a combo that doesn't sit so well with me after the JonBenet Ramsey thing. about sixteen hours to go but who's counting?

13. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Did I win, yet? Whatever name gets chosen, your daughter will always be beautiful.

14. tubtar

I'm sure that Mum had her baby shower..........they never think of the guy who fired the shot that made it al possible.
    Let's do it now.
    Allow me to make the first social gaffe ( one of my skills )

Wow , that's quite a spread..........let's dig in.
    Who made this shit ?
    Oh........you did ?
    No........no , it looks delicious............um...........ahhh..........I was just wondering............what do you call it ?:bwah::bwah:

15. craythegray

craythegray Better than gold or platinum

EARLY CONGRATS!

Been out of town so missed this thread on my limited mountain top access.

I hope things go well Poolshark!

I was thinking Violet "Augustest" Binet

BUT alas there were so many good names in the thread that my poor submissions looks pale.

NOW remember Bill Cosby's beloved labor chant for the frazzled husband.

"PUSH IT OUT SHOVE IT OUT....WAY OUT...CLAP!"

Seriously though...GOD be with you and your family and may he grant you a healthy little girl.

16. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well ?

Hope your wife is doing well ! Any news for us Devilz ?

Is there a new shark in the pool ? :devil1:

17. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Just a quick word, Poolshark:

If you did pick one of the many names that I suggested:

Please put all of the other Members' names, OTHER THAN MINE, into a hat and make a random draw.

They were all suggestions, NOT an attempt at winning anything.

I have enough hassles with Customs, knives that are lost in transit due to the month-long Postal Strike we had here, knives that I have yet to get on their way, etc.

Glenn's post, the other day, just pointed out to me that this wasn't over, yet. I meant to convey my thoughts on this a while back.

Just post a pic of little Violet when it's convenient.

Congrats!

18. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

How about....

Violet "Faye" Binet..

Kinda has a nice ring to it,yes????:ropeman:

19. Poolshark

A name was chosen. I was just waiting for the Massive Giveaway to die down. Perhaps this weekend I will resolve the lingering issue of what name was chosen and who gets the prize. And I do need to post a pic don't I? Sorry for the delay on that...I will blame it on lack of sleep.

20. Poolshark

Alright I have gone back and assigned a numerical value to each of the folks who posted suggestions. Since no one chose the name we ended up with I am going to use a random number generator to pick a winner. My wife and I had a lively debate over many of the names you all suggested. For a long time (right up to the very day of delivery) there was a strong contender. That name was Ray in all its variant spellings. My wife's name is Rachael and she is often called Rae, the date of delivery was on Aug 31st by C-section and that is the feast date of Saint Raymond, who is the patron of C-sections. There is also a "Grampa Ray" in the family. I really thought it would be Violet Rae. (Which sounds like Violet Ray, which makes me think of a wizard spell..."Look out the wizard is firing a violet ray at the elves!")

But at the last minute my wife said she really wanted to use a name from Greek mythology (a surprise since that is my area and not hers)

So she picked a name from the story of Theseus and the Minotaur... Ariadne. (My son Hugh's middle name is Ajax and we call him Hugh-jax sometimes...Huge-Axe...always reminds me of a minotaur with an axe and I suppose the minotaur was Ariadne's brother but none of this entered into the wife's train of thought..she just likes the sound of the name Ariadne (which means either "most holy" or "utterly pure" depending on where you look)

So without further ado...pics of Violet Ariadne Binet (we may call her "Letty") Results of the random number generator will be posted later today. View attachment 78263 View attachment 78264

kayakjax likes this.