1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

"I can't breath" RIP Eric Gardner

Myker Dec 4, 2014

1. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

^ I agree that unnecessary violence has (sadly) become the norm in our country. It has steadily increased over the years. Just 40 years ago, within my lifetime, our children could safely go outside to play, women hitchhiked (!) and we felt safer in our homes.

Our country has changed for the worse. Violence, prejudice and hatred are now fueled by nearly every aspect of our culture, from gungho politicians funded by big corp interest$ to local social groups where people bully at will without repercussion. Braggadocio and 'hot dog' behavior is rewarded over intellect in public schools, churches, on the streets in everyday interactions.

Changes are sometimes subtle- here at JD we can no longer edit our profiles without agreeing the 'best in life' is violent barbarian behavior - and people think that is funny or 'unique'.

Subtle changes can gradually distort our views and actions unless individuals speak out. Our once trusty watchdogs are bullied into silence, ethical individuals are ridiculed; silenced. Our media gleefully exacerbates the situation by feasting on gore; reprehensible in their lack of ethics. When they are caught they lie and plead 'misunderstanding.'

A recent example:
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/fox-station-apologizes-to-black-lives-matter-protester-for-editing-chant-to-say-kill-a-cop/

I mourn the loss of the best aspects of our country and with it, the regard of most the world. We used to try harder.

2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

We used to try harder to encourage individuals to take responsibility for thier actions, now we try harder to blame others for the result of individuals actions or choices in life.

3. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

4. d762nato

d762nato Huge member

5. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

yep, tough shit.

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the officer was questioning the 18-year-old and another man about a theft late Tuesday at a convenience store in Berkeley when the young man pulled a 9mm handgun on him. The officer stumbled backward but fired three shots, one of which struck the victim, Belmar said.

6. sh00ter01

sh00ter01 When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk Brigade Member

Quoted for the truth!

I don't understand how people can actually buy into this way of thinking; I fear it'll only get worse.

And there are people actually protesting this 'killing' too. Bunch of ignorant assholes.

7. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

It's funny that anyone thinks things have changed or gotten worse. The only thing that has changed is access to information and misinformation. Fucked up shit's been happening for as long as men have congregated in groups larger than one.

Who gives a fuck?

Take care of yourself and those you love....conduct your life with some measure of honor and I'm thinking you generally won't have any real problems. At least not in this country where, however bad some folks seem to think it has become, it is still better than anywhere else.

HANDS UP! Blow me! :mo:

PS ---Fuck 98% of Europe too

Merry Christmas!

Bitchez

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    droid, RNST and GEEZER like this.
  8. M.Olexey

By the way....hate's not playing a role in anything I said.

I just don't think either of these most recent cases are good one's to take a position on or use as an example of anything.

And I do realize I could one day be a victim and fall on the wrong side of this equation....and I really still don't give a shit.

9. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

^^^^^^that^^^^^^^^^^^

10. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

I agree. I just can't stand the new crop of useful idiots.

11. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'll go back to my last post.
    On paper , they are sworn to uphold the laws.
    But it gets awfully subjective on their part from time to time.
    Especially when it is a fellow law enforcement officer who is breaking the law.
    I don't mean to sound like I am anti cop , but I honestly have less respect for them than I did when I was a real asshole.
    There are too many stories , and maybe it is a local phenomenon.
    Cop stopped for DUI.........charges dropped.
    Cop beats the shit out of his spouse..........charges dropped.
    When the I-35 bridge collapsed , a van load of St. Paul's finest were there to help themselves to emergency supplies.......generators , tents , food. They were stopped , but I don't recall ever reading about any charges being leveled.
    When a buddy was laid up in the hospital after knee surgery ( he was a bar manager at a local hotel ) the Cop who worked that beat stopped in to visit.
    Not a word about his knee or his health........he wanted to know where the keys to the liquor store room was because the place was changing hands and he wanted to clean it out.
    That's two of plenty.
    I got Minneapolis stories too........and some little piss pot town in northern Louisiana stories , and Myrtle Beach stories etc. etc.
    Most of them , I was not doing anything particularly wrong.
    They don't all wear capes and stand with the sun setting behind them ,the wind blowing their hair back and a fanfare playing for back ground music.
    And there are some good ones.
    Does that sound familiar ?
    It could be the punch line to a ®®®®®® joke , and the irony of it speaks volumes.
    I grew up next door to a St. Paul officer who was a GREAT Cop.
    He worked the shittiest part of town and he left the job at work.
    The perspectives he and his buddies had are long gone.
    I think we've moved past where discretion and common sense took a major role in their approach to the job and that is really too bad.
    They are a mirror of society , and with the direction society is going , I am not optimistic.

12. zorro

zorro The pointy end goes into the other man Brigade Member

I say, steady on dear boy! :Phbbbbt:

M.Olexey likes this.
  13. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No I completely understand where your coming from...I've not always had the most upstanding officers to deal with...I've meet and dealt with some major dicks (my wife's ex is a cop, and he's a dick..not that I'm biased!) But I don't meet one dick of a cop and say the rest are the balls...just as I don't meet one black guy whom is a punk and say they all are...

It would take a fool not to realize people in power will abuse that power...by how much is the limit?? I will always judge people as individuals by that individuals actions. With the current topic (this guy) his choices resulted in his death. Many will say (have said) it was too much for the crime...First he was being arrested for the unlawful sale of cross state contraband, he was physically restrained because he resisted the arrest.....he may very well be alive today if he had made a different choice....His choices, his actions, not his skin color lead him to his death...be it the resisting or even the choice not to maintain his health better.

Choices, actions, are individual responsibility. It's my fault I'm a poor ass plumber instead of a highly educated individual with a degree in whatever. It's my choices that lead me to my current life, and it will be my current choices that lead me into my future. No one wants to here that, I dont...I want it to be someone elses fault I don't have a home like I plumb, but that wouldn't be true or fair to myself and others.

Now let's look at this as a cultural issue...there is a sub culture, mostly young blacks that blame the "man" for not giving them the opportunities...I call that self pity and a slap to all the successful black men (women). I have a good friend that grew up in Compton during the 80s-90s, I asked one day.."How did you make it out, I thought the hood kept people trapped?" The answer was simple, he replied "My fucking feet worked, and I walked my black ass out." "Trapped is a state of the mind, not of the true nature of things" he finished......

14. M.Olexey

I hope you all know I love all you beautiful motherfuckers here on JD.

Fuck 98.1% of Europe

zorro likes this.
  15. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

well said.

i think of a hundred guys i know from the electrical local about 15 of them are cunts.

police are drawn from society at large.

why people think the police are immune to the law of averages speaks volumes about their idea of what critical thinking is.

i don't even blame the police for this incident.
    they were probably just doing their jobs as they were told to do it.

i don't really even blame some asshole for "breaking the law" by selling untaxed smokes to put food on the table.

what i resent is there is no fucking victim in this "crime".

some fucking NYC politicians coffer isn't a victim.
    boo-fucking-hoo they don't get their extortion money so they can hand it to someone else.

it's a fucking racket.

the more taxes and bullshit regulations there are the more you are going to see this unfortunate turn of events.

16. tubtar

JJ , I hear you.
    Personal choice is colored by personal perception , and the Goddamned victim mentality is epidemic today.
    I am way short on solutions , but my gut tells me that it will get worse before it gets better.
    As my wife opined this evening...........Charlie has to be laughing his ass off.

jjhamilton likes this.
  17. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Hands up Don't shoot

Pants down Don't Loot

I'm writing a new rap song help me out with a few verses.

18. tubtar

I see it in the window , price tag there for all to see

But bottle , rock or brick and I can get that shit fo free

19. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

All the Work Boots were safe.

tubtar likes this.
  20. M.Olexey

Most definitely