1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I <3 Mike Snody thread

Pesky_human Aug 14, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikM

ErikM knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sorry, I meant he was too fast.
    Dude blends in really well.........

Love his videos by the way..

2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

did you pee yourself?:devilroll:

3. ErikM

ErikM knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

No, I think he is hilarious.

4. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

he sure is.

5. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

OK, ok ok. Let's all calm down here for a moment.

Didn't this all originate on Instagram?

Has anyone linked this thread on there? :poke:

OK. Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast! :bot:

6. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Ron - there is a Thread here on the Devil from the Balisong section - I think it was back in January - where folks were not real pleased with the Videos and there were mixed reactions to the Butterfly knife he was either making or about to make.

I know a lot of folks said that they did not like the dollar signs he put on some of his models.

That might be what the OP was referring to.

As i said earlier - I don't know Mr. Snody and I certainly don't think I know this fellow that has been trolling.

This all seems a little silly to me.

7. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

I caught a bit of the Bali section thread, didn't follow it at all when it was started but skimmed through after the circus began and people started to laugh at the silly ass snody videos and voiced their opinions as to how he came off in them.

Now many moons later the OP after likely running out of all the content he could absorb of his hero likely hit google for a fix and discovered the thread taking offence that everyone wasn't in awe of the snody greatness.

Then in return came on here to straighten out the naysayers. This is where it gets to be :facepalm:
    Mr. Snody chose to post videos that portrayed him in a...... well let's say laughable position and gave people a negative impression of him, like the OP said it has not much to do with his knives, only a few knocks were mentioned against them. What everyone was making fun of was how snody was acting in the videos.

Soooooo what gives, pesky the only person you should be mad at is your buddy, he made the videos he accepted the cosiquenses of them when he put the content out there, he had to know for every new customer they brought in they were likely going to lose customers and prevent future ones. Hate this all you want but it is a FACT of any marketing ploy regardless of how great the product is.

If I see a commercial on TV that annoys the fuck out of me I don't buy the product, don't care how great it is, I refuse to have something in my home that reminds me of an annoying fucking commercial every time I see it, now I don't campaign against the product, I just see it on the shelf and get turned off by it. Same goes for many people and snody knives, that's the risks of running a business.

So matter how hard you stomp your feet and demand respect for your hero, not everyone is going to view him in the same light, and when you say things like pee yourself in his presence and we would all be scared to call him a name in person you now project yourself as a moron and in turn get treated like one. You don't know the people on here as they don't know you, you have no idea of who you are fucking with either, and projecting yourself as someone who should not be messed with makes you a laughing stock.

So carry on as you will, nobody is going to change because of your words, and all you have done is now brought the the videos to even more of a crowd that has never seen them to judge, and sorry to say but they do no project your buddy in a favourable light, hate all you want but only one to blame is the man that made them.

FYI, I have NEVER typed anything on this forum directed towards anyone I would not say to their face.

Rio, Looseyfur, OilMan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's about the number of handles...

Actually I think it is about a Fanboy of a maker.

And it is also about a maker who normally makes the type of knives that LACK the PROPER number of handles, who is beginning his first foray INTO making a knife with the proper number of handles.--and since we have enough drama, we are trying to keep it over with all you single handle folks.

So please don't send us your single handled idiots, or ascribe it to Bali drama. Think of it as the outer gate of the castle to block out fanboys and their trolling idiocy BEFORE it gets inside.
    :manganr:

Mike Stewart likes this.
  9. Mike Stewart

Ryanol - How do you know that I'm not already making them ?

Imagine making them - making the money on them and not having to participate in the drama.

Might be Happinin'

My comment about this being about a Butterfly knife was an easy shot.

As you know - we have more drama here on the JD about Balisongs than any other kind of knife or the people that make them.

As one of the Moderators that has to deal with it - I will probably always take that sarcastic shot. It was meant in jest and it will be made in jest in the future.

To me this whole thread is silly - I said that above. It does seem that it was because of a thread about ---------------------

Wait for it !

Balisongs.

Sorry - another easy shot.

Mike

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  10. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

that`s very sneaky ya know....:bwah:
    ...Soooo in your opinion this "Snody drama"thread is "bali drama " by proxy?:unintroduced:
    ...i need a cat pic!!!!

11. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

[video=youtube;dFogKaMkvnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFogKaMkvnQ[/video]

wcjohn, Coconutfilipino and Linos like this.
  12. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I really need to work on my internet innuedo apparently it needs more precision

13. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I've been inferring that for three years now...

14. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

OP is a real dickrider.

15. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

So, we can look forward to a few "I

16. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

You've been inferring? OMG!

I see fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

17. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

[video=youtube;wdoBLtLwpQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdoBLtLwpQQ[/video]

TopHat likes this.
  18. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

it`s OK...we have Tim....:unintroduced:

19. Mike Stewart

Yes - I was but only in Jest.

This thread totally is owned by the Guy that started it.

Regardless - One of Your Cat pictures is totally warranted at this point Sir.

20. Mike Stewart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.