1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid sheath weak side carry alternate position....

M.Olexey Mar 15, 2009

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Snapped a few pics of the carry position I've been using with my own hybrid sheathed EDC. Whenever I carry my J-frame, I move mine from appendix to m.o.b. (fitting huh?) ok, ok I know some call it s.o.b. which is still fitting for me. I find I can carry my revolver and knife discreetly and comfortably and easily access the knife with my left hand. The push off ramp lets me draw smoothly from this position and the only downside I've seen is driving in some vehicles that have pronounced lumbar support.

a few pics (I wore an undershirt to save y'all from my milky white belly) but these show that even under a light shirt you can carry discreetly. You will see an occasional bulge but nothing that screams weapon...

[​IMG]

knife at mob and j-frame at front right appendix....

[​IMG]

what a clothed gorilla might look like from the rear...

[​IMG]

curtain lifted....

[​IMG]

No great revelation just thought I share a few pics to show the versatility of the hybrid rig....

thanks for looking,

mo

2. wildman

wildman Huge member

sheath

Yes, I also carry mine to right side of my back. When I sit down in the car I don't feel the blade as much. When I wear it around my co workers don't even see it under my t-shirt. So now its the Colt Officer's 45 LW, FOS, extra mag, 442 with reload, and folder in the pocket. Too much stuff to carry everyday. Yes, I got rid of the Glock went back to my roots, you know I am an old guy now. Most of the guys around the office say; what the hell is that, :devilzeek you can't carry that. Then I break out the policy manual and they run away.:devil1: Oh, buy the way that includes those supervisors.:cheesydevil:

3. M.Olexey

It warms my heart that the FOS is in such good company :devil1: :thumbsup:

mo

4. GSC

GSC knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Good looking MO, thanks for the pics someone is very happy when that one ships.:madaddy:
    Gordon

M.Olexey likes this.
  5. IMUA

IMUA Little member

Ok...I finally did it good!!! I am ambidexterous, but I have been experimenting with the same carry (SOB with handle to right side) as my brother carries (Wildman). So I was practicing my quickdraw/presentation and somehow slid my thumb along the blade as I was unsheathing and...yep, you guessed it...put a very "sick gash" in my thumb last night! :devilzeek Dayum, that FOS blade is sharp! And I wasn't even drinking...well...that much! Damn sure needed a stiff cocktail afterwards tho!

I actually like the handle to right side in sob carry, as it allows me to intercept/deflect/re-direct energy with my "alive" left hand, which even tho I'm ambi...feels more comfortable to me. Both positions work well, and this is how I most customarily carry. Can't wait to work with the Pikal.
    I still have 1 good thumb:cheesydevil:

Great work, Brother.

V/R

IMUA

6. M.Olexey

ouch!

That polished convex edge really sinks in to flesh doesn't it?

Luckily...they make super glue just for such occasions.

Heal fast brother.

mo

7. wildman

wildman Huge member

Imua

Yea, I tell him to quit doing that. Now his scar matches mine. LOL:growhorns:

8. JDG23

JDG23 Huge member

Cant

Since you can change the strap for left and right carry, can you adjust it so it can be canted. I wear both my off-duty carry handgun and knife in the appendix position and might need to adjust for the draw stroke.
    Plus is it difficult to draw with a reverse grip weak hand since you can't push the knife out with the thumb on the kydex?

9. M.Olexey

True.

I have been thinking about modifying the strap for canted carry. I have not worked out a satisfactory way to do that yet but.....canted carry is possible simply by switching the strap to a teklok attachment.

I have not given up on the strap mod yet just haven't devoted enough time to a solution. I'll experiment. :madaddy:

mo

10. JDG23

JDG23 Huge member

Please don't give up the strap. I really like the design, I was just thinking about the draw with my method of carry. I'll just have to wait until one is available and I'll see how it works. Let me know if you come up with a cant idea.

11. M.Olexey

Oh no....the strap is here to stay. The cool thing is it mounts to the same hole pattern as a teklok so a person could have both. I would still like to think of a way to make it do both positions. I have an idea I just need to test it.

When I get a handle on my order list I'm going to focus on building as many FOS's as I can so availability should improve then.

Thanks for your interest!

mo

12. IMUA

IMUA Little member

Damn...

"I'm going to focus on building as many FOS's as I can so availability should improve then."......and I thought I was special!:madaddy:

V/R

IMUA

13. M.Olexey

Your timing was definitely special :grinyes: