1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Humpty Dumpty Glock

CDR_Glock Aug 22, 2018

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My buddy was moving away and he left me a lot of stuff.

I was rummaging through everything when I saw a Glock Tupperware Box marked “Parts only”. it has an entire fun except it was in parts. A few parts were missing, including a magazine....

[​IMG]

I proceeded to clean it up and assemble everything and it had almost all of the parts. My friend, an armorer, took a look at everything and said for me to clean each part thoroughly.

Turns out a broken Mag Release Spring was stuck in the channel. It was discovered after removing years of funk and debris.

[​IMG]

I proceeded to use a pick and the thinnest needle nosed pliers I had, and Voila! Put it came.[​IMG]

Needless to say, I installed everything back in. I tested its function and test fired it.

Worked like a charm.

It needs new sights, and probably a new barrel.[​IMG]

But my box of ammo went through without a hitch.

All I replaced were the connector, slide lock and rear plate, in addition to the Mag release spring.

Well, we put Humpty Dumpty back together again so it was a big win.

KAZ2, sam eib and seandavid55 like this.
  2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

$50 night sights (sights worked but Tritium did not. Not essential but I was getting a can anyways)
    $20 Connector (not essential but the old one was pretty gritty feeling)
    $6 rear plate (not essential but it had tool marks from someone who didn’t know how to remove them)
    $10 slide lock (essential as the old one was out of shape)
    $30 Seattle Slug (grip plug) (nonessential but I had to try it after ready Bob Vogel’s experience with it)
    $3 Mag release spring (essential as the one was torn in half)

$13 were essential. The others were aesthetic or extras.

Not bad for a Gen 3 Glock 19

VANELLI and Blade63 like this.
  3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Since you had the plate off, I'd get a Wolff striker spring in there... and clean / dry firing pin area. And get a fresh recoil spring. I got Wolf for that too with non-captured SST guide rod.

KAZ2 and CDR_Glock like this.
  4. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

Nice work bringing it back and having fun doing so!

CDR_Glock likes this.