1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Howdy Devilz. Hope you're all okay? Stu from Stockport, England here.

Stu Sep 15, 2022

1. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Howdy, all. Hope everyone's okay?

Its Been a rollercoaster few months, and indeed few YEARS.
    Let's see. On furlough/redundant from April 20 - April 21, the Year I sunbathed and built my Summer House, back to my old firm from April to September 21 in the warehouse. Loved helping set up and stock the warehouse, but didn't love my official role of packing for Amazon when the Warehouse went live. Also didn't love the new (external recruit) manager, a bully, who liked giving out press-ups to young lads late for meetings, after Ibrought this to HRs attention and in a separate incident got told off for criticising the dreadful (full of fat AND RIND!!) bacon butties, I felt they wanted me out of the way.

A VERY short stint in an office of a cleaning company with a group of fat women moaning about diets and gym, but grazing on crisps and cakes all day soon ended when I laughed when they compared themselves to the awful (but THIN!!!) harpies in "Sex in the City"

A couple of weeks with Screwfix, didn't like being stood on a till all day, and when I defended a young female colleague from some disgustingly lewd comments, from two tradesmen who asked me to step outside ( I DID. THAT threw them!) It was suggested I was too sensitive for the job, a request from me to repeat the lewd comments to the Managers wife or the colleagues parents wasn't accepted oddly enough.

Since April, I work for a Vaping company, doing shop cover, bit of driving and bit of warehouse.
    Bosses seem nice, money's okay, casual dress. It's pretty good.

Mum fell ill mid June, we tried to care for her at home but in the end had to hopitalise her, call bladder and bile duct infections.
    Thought she was stable, so after much deliberation took my, postponed since 2020 holiday to Mallorca.

Got call from my sis, 4 days in that mum had 15 mins to live then another to say she's gone.

Ryanair flight from Hell to get home to Manchester Airport, delayed of course. TERRIBLE airline.

Since then, there's been a lot of tears from me, my sis and 14 yr old nephew, his Prince (read PRICK) of a Dad has been charming as ever, no sympathy wishes to my sis and asking if Luke was going to school on the Monday after she died on the Sunday,

Wait til his folks go. I'm gonna sell balloons dressed as a clown, and book a hot dog and ice cream van. Might offer to dress as Van Helsing and supply stakes to make sure the evil pair of twats are really dead.

Been dealing with will and probate, sorting thru house, keeping sentimental stuff and binning/donating/selling other kit.

Found lots of stamp presentation packs dating back 20+ years, spoons, thimbles, plates, some antiqish furniture and more stuff in garage, mountain bikes, old tools, more plates and objets. Must find some decent dealers and collectors.

Plan is to sell the house, pay off the fairly large (compound interest!) Equity loan she took out and buy something smaller between us, I'm single, my sis is divorced from Captain Wow, and we need a room for when Luke's with us.
    Hope to put some cash in the bank and maybe even buy a little place on Welsh coast for hols and eventually moving there. Then we might buy a 2nd house or just bank more readies.

The house we're in is unusual. 3 bed/1 bath detached with a granny flat (or, rather ANOTHER 2 bed/1 bath house) on the side. Could be turned into a HUGE 5 bedroom house with 2nd kitchen becoming another lounge or utility room, or used as is for a family that have elderly parents with them.

Still both upset and raw, ashes arrived the other week, which we've still to sprinkle, but were getting there. Big house, worth a lot so we should have a nice life, and I've told my sis and nephew we will have a nice life. Captain Wow has been kind enough to say that when the equity is paid back we will be left with nothing, but hes mistaken, doesn't know the amounts involved and is just a bitter, prematurely old man in his grim retirement flat that Mummy and Daddy Munster convinced him to buy.

He told my sister "You're F&%$ed. Your Mum left you with nothing. Your lifes over!" What a charmer.
    He hasn't told ME anything. He runs away when he sees me. Gutless slug.

Being at work helps. My sis is working in the house during day and looking at getting a job, as I said if we buy something together I cant afford to pay all the bills.

Phew. Thanks for reading. Great to be here. Sorry for rambling on, but i told ya it'd been a roller coaster. Hope you're all well, considering. And I look forward to spending some quality time here.

El Gringo, G3, Samb and 4 others like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sorry for your troubles. Not much we can offer in the way of help, but feel free to vent away.... :manganr:

woodlander and seandavid55 like this.
  3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

What he said bud :iagree: welcome back and yes fkkk life is hard.

woodlander and crogers like this.
  4. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Stay strong. Sorry for your loss. Don't let the assholes get to you.

5. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Its nice to know that people are just as miserable on "the other side of the pond". :jdwink2:

6. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

I went through some eerily similar shit during the same time period. I relate to both your parental loss and your career upheavals. It looks like your path may fair better than mine did. Wishing you the best of luck and control of whatever government bullshit comes your way.

crogers and woodlander like this.
  7. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

Sorry to hear about all of these troubles. Nothing tears people apart like a death in the family when there might be money involved. People show their true colors, and they are often ugly.

Wish you and your sister the best through this ordeal. Take care.

crogers likes this.
  8. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

Welcome to the forum, things will get better cause it doesn't look like they could get any worse. Keep your chin up and follow your dreams!

crogers likes this.
  9. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Stu is no noob....sorry to hear about the shit you've been through buddy. Things will always get better...you know that.

El Gringo and crogers like this.
  10. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Stu, sorry for your loss.

El Gringo and crogers like this.