1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How to make a Cleave-Style Bali

Glenn Sep 28, 2014

1. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This guys antics have brought me an incredible amount of enjoyment. It's difficult to put into words. I do really look forward to his upcoming videos. #CleaveStyle for life.

2. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Im kinda sad theres no video of glenn firing a few glentech twists at a brick wall..... just think someone could have had a curved twist.

3. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

The GlennTech Twists were a great run. I actually took a half way decent flipper and made it better with the proper hardware.

Then came the gun coat for shits and giggles. At least the finished product was professionally done, not some paint in a can. :unintroduced:

It was good fun to make them. And to this day I get left field contacts to see if there are any around.

And lastly, I didn't try to reinvent the Bali world with some new gimmick and Ninja moves related to . :bwah:

4. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

There was maaaaaaaad #Cleavestyle at this last NJKCA meet.

[​IMG]

5. Jimdo

TORNADO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#CleaveStyle

# Re$pect

6. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

What In The Fuck, did I just watch..

[​IMG]

It makes one wonder. :ropeman:

creich420 likes this.
  7. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Ohhh! it all makes sense now... #Cleavestyle is Messcun?

TORNADO!!!

*** Can't help myself. Walking around shouting 'TORNADO' randomly. #Cleavestyle has given me tourette's

8. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Cleave is going to drink/smoke himself to death and I am going to feel bad.

9. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

did no one notice he posts some of his video descriptions in the third person... now thats :bwah:

Cleaveland introduces his wild techniques (developed in 1984 and kept secret until now!!), including the new fastest method to open butterfly knife. The speed snap opening is called the "Oscar". I developed this technique and believe it to be the single fastest method possible for opening the balisong. Other tricks in this video: Gymnast, Karate Kid, Black Belt, Ninja, Jib Jab and variations thereof. Not a professional, barely even a rookie - once you learn this pressure-release technique you will probably open your knife faster than me. Hope you see something you think is cool...CHEERS!

Cleaveland again expands the frontier of balisong tricks with his freaky "Cleave Style" action and dangerous, low-probability moves. This idiot...well, nevermind. Anyway... New tricks in this video: The Storm Chaser, The Huey, The Tornado, The Helldiver, The Ninja Layover, and the Kiss of Death. Plus most of my old tricks - including The Oscar (the fastest way to open a butterfly knife). THANKS SO MUCH FOR WATCHING! Happy to answer any questions. If you liked the video, PLEASE SHARE THE VIDEO!!! thanks again.

Cleaveland demonstrates and explains his lightning "Oscar" butterfly knife opening technique in detail. The fastest way ever to open a balisong. Technique developed in 1984 - made public in 2014. Yes, I know I am not a pro. Barely even a rookie by my account. But, you will never find a faster technique for opening this knife. I have not manipulated the speed in this video in any way. Scouts honor. My sincere apologies for the hokey trainer. Do not try the Oscar with a sharp knife until you have it wired. Please watch my other video if you want to see my other weird tricks i made up when i was a kid. Thanks for watching, I hope you like the video.

10. Jimdo

I dig how he thinks that he's going to change the whole landscape of flipping and add so much to the balisong flippers lexicon when in reality the only new word that every flipper is going to know is CleaveStyle which of course means : having little to no ability in manipulating a balisong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  11. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

...The young man listened politely. Then he bent down, picked up another starfish, threw it into the back into the ocean past the breaking waves and said, “It made a difference for that one.”

That boy grew to a man. That man was Gary Cleveland

12. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'd be willing to bet he was completely unaware of any landscape of flipping. Just another typical YouTube "Instructional Video" (can you guess that I'm not a fan?)

13. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

I had to do it....

[video=youtube;hQL5anbo7Jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQL5anbo7Jc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I just noticed he commented on one of my old videos, and then replied to himself, talking trash to himself. I think he forgot to change accounts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Papercuts and Andy T like this.
  14. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awesome!!:bwah::thumbsup:

15. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'll never get that 11mins and 48 seconds of my life back:unintroduced:

16. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice:thumbsup:

17. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

the #1 most important precision knife making tool... sawzall

Masharp81 likes this.
  18. Mirari

Mirari Average member

So if you read the comments of this video, you'll see that Glenn has no right to be a "voice of the community" simply because he only has 20 subscribers to his YouTube channel.

You heard it here folks. Bigger numbers mean bigger dick to swing around.

19. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

He's just upset I'm making fun of his wardrobe. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

20. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Once it is open you should peel an apple with it :jdwink2: