1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How Much $ Have You Spent On Balis?

InnovativeRise Mar 10, 2014

1. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree with you in regards to Audra being an artist but that piece is WAY to high....
    I passed on one of her leaves style balisongs at blade for $700.00. Albeit not as intricate as the knife in question. Just throwing that out there.

In regards to how much I've spent on balisongs...... I really don't wanna think about it... Collecting balisongs has been a passion of mine for around 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  2. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I decided to calculated my total... just over 2,000 bucks.

Damn.

3. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Wtf...how the hell are you guys coming up with this kinda cash? Don't most of you still live in your parents basement? I had a hard time spending $180 for my BM51.

***No lie...toughest purchase was a kimura

4. InnovativeRise

InnovativeRise Enormous member

Took a little while to work for the $ for my AB. I already had most of the money for a Kimura, a 62, and other ones before that.

5. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

When I bought my Alpha Beast it took a minute to hit the payment button. But I'm so glad I did now!
    I finally picked up a ti 42 from a guy who acquired in a gun trade...he had it on armslist for 160 mint condition! :devilzeek

6. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sure it's real ? Lot's of fake 42's about.

7. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Positive my friend.:manganr:

The model I bought has the 154 blade and makes my 62 feel like tank. The 42 also went through every test the forums and youtube supply.

The gentlemen went off blade hq price and dropped it 40 bucks I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
  8. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I went in the opposite direction. Balis to firearms. Firearms prices were coming down, as Bali prices went up. A few grand on a rifle just seemed more fun than a few grand on a knife to me. Sorry, I realize that I just committed Bali heresy.

9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...my toughest purchase is food....i just can`t dip in to my bali fund....:ropeman:

10. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

That's MY problem too!

11. oprativ

oprativ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

About to exhaust my personal line of credit.

The Marsh/Guinn Collab MGM-006 that I covet is $2700. Was going to settle for a Guinn Gargoyle for $1700, but I can't pull the trigger on the Gargoyle, I want that piece of fine jewelery, the 006. Have to sell off some of my collection and camera equipment.

Have a Chuck Gedraitis piece coming, might arrive today. Feel that I gave the seller a good deal for it here on JDBA considering I added a Duane Weikum BM51BK-TI to the mix. I'm happy about that, turning someone onto something nice and good and giving a good deal and having a smooth transaction. bliss!

Still waiting for my Darrel Ralph custom to come in. Carbon Fiber inlays, hand rubbed spear point blade, SS block spacers, latchless. Darrel tried to talk me out of the SS block spacers, but I felt how his DRT Mid Tech Trident flipped and said nah, i want the extra weight on the ends.

How much do I spend on balis? The disease is progressive. :unintroduced: It all started with a flipped-out 42ti springer that I got on Craigslist for $150.

12. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I build a separate bank account specifically for hobby purchases. So whether it is knives, motorcycle parts, camera gear or new CDs etc I dip from that account.

Fuel is a killer expense these days and I burn a lot of it.

13. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

In these short few months I have been interested I have spent about 3k. On Benchmade 44S,42A,32,62, Smallfly, Szabofly and spyderfly with of course the AB with MC Spa treated. I sold a few and bought a few here and there a few bear ops and others that are no longer in my collection but that's about right. Buying a rainbow fly also on 2 lists to get some killer balis made. I'm addicted. Best addiction ever. Forgot the molded Kimmy can never forget her.

14. oprativ

oprativ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[Laugh!] Yeah it is! :thumbsup:

Kstreetmafia likes this.
  15. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I do the exact same thing. Each month I allocate a specific amount for "fun spending". When that hits zero then no more fun for the month.

***Could be the reason why the girlfriend ignores me at the end of each month...I assumed it was PMS:bwah:

16. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...Great minds think alike!!!! i do the same, and at the end of every month, i eat from the dumpster.....:thumbsup:

17. Zazu

Zazu Little member

Yeah, that looks terrible. Liberace blade is right. I wouldn't pay 100$ for it. Looks like something Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon would use

[​IMG]

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  18. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Congrats on the DDR, definitely post some pics when it arrives! :thumbsup:

19. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

I view it a little differently. Sometimes stuff comes up for sale and I have to buy when available, if I want it. So sometimes I get in deep, and then there is usually a longer period when items I want aren't available.

My advice...if something you want comes up for sale...make it happen. You may not get that chance again.:thumbsup:

20. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

This!! :thumbsup:

Andy T likes this.