1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How Much $ Have You Spent On Balis?

InnovativeRise Mar 10, 2014

1. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

You live in your car ? :devilwag:

2. InnovativeRise

InnovativeRise Enormous member

If my car was worth like a million $ then yes :bwah: (My house was built 2 years ago and it costed way too much)

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I'm into it for around sixty bucks. You guys are fools...

4. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

More than I would ever admit to my family and most of my friends as they would probably consider me insane and have me locked up somewhere :bwah:

5. InnovativeRise

:thumbsup: :bwah:

6. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

A lot more than I thought I ever would and I intend to spend a lot more. :bwah:

7. Zazu

Zazu Little member

Not too much, not like some of these boys buying multiples of the big names, the balibalistics, the darrel ralph custom stuff, the benchmade and some of the pricier microtech.

I'm relatively young, I remember when I was just getting into the hobby, living with my parents, the idea of spending so much on an arch angel or a benchmade killed me. I bought triple C's from places like knifezilla and knives4wholesale. I remember exactly which ones too, black diamond skeletonised grips. I bought about 15 in gold and silver. Kept around 3 and sold the rest to my mates for at tidy profit.

THe first proper knife I bought was a BM42 and that was when they were a bit cheaper thankfully. I've been bloody tempted to sell it in some of the tougher times of my lives. In fact, all my chinese cheapies went during my heroin addiction. I got ten times their worth so maybe it was a good thing. Now I'm rebuilding my collection with just quality. The only thing I regret losing was a few old school nato otf switches I had and a 13" black horn stiletto I got while in tokyo. The rest was utterly replaceable.

8. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nothing costs more than a good ol' fashion drug habit

Congrats on getting off the junk

My rational in spending what I do on balis is that it's cheaper than drugs and does a lil less damage to my body :bwah:

9. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I felt like a real grownup when i bought my first nice bali instead of my usual sack-o-weed:unintroduced:

10. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Heck OB, I didn't even think you had any knives. I thought you were here just for the stimulating conversation. :jdwink2:

11. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I'm here for the stimulating.

Period.

12. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:ropeman:

13. Zazu

Zazu Little member

LOL at the damage to the body bit. Ain't that true. But yeah, I noticed most people who got clean swapped one addiction for another. Booze, cocaine, heroin etc swapped for meetings and NA /AA stuff. Well I just made the mistake of getting involved in a more dangerous and hardcore addiction: Knife collecting, I'm even a poly addict. I collect vinyl as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a substance more addictive then the two. Spending $1000 on a knife that can cut a steak as well as a $2 knife isn't normal, but on balisong it is

Haha yeah, the day I told my dealer I wouldn't be getting anything that week because I was ordering a new benchmade, I knew I was making progress.

14. Noliwan

Noliwan PinoyBlade JDBA Official Member

I lost count... And would hate to calculate total...!!!

15. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

I'm just here for your fine selection in avatars.

16. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

Owl man please close thread. Correct answer has been reached.

17. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How to save

There is no limit if you really want it.
    One could afford almost any price bali if the $ is saved by not doing the following: Smoking, Drinking, Eating out, spending on tickets like sporting events, theatre, travel, girlfriends, having more children, buying more sporting goods, music, cheap bali's, other knives and flashlights just to mention a few.

Live like a monk and save --so you can spend with gay abandon at the Blade Show !

18. Blip Noir

Blip Noir JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

More than I've spent on hookers but less than I've spent on booze. :ropeman:

accurate likes this.
  19. InnovativeRise

God damn you guys made my day

:bwah::bwah::bwah:

20. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

Blip Noir likes this.