1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How long has this been out?

nostimos Feb 16, 2017

1. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I think I heard a while back, about Schrade bringing a US made bali to market.
    http://www.bladehq.com/item--Schrade-USA-Manilla-Folder--67419?utm_source=Blade+HQ+Newsletter&utm_campaign=318d3eb01b-BHQ-+President's+Day+Sale+-+2-16-17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_52c5a7be85-318d3eb01b-197406825
    Had no idea it would be the long defunct Taylor/Seto Manila Folder.
    Blade upgraded to D2 !!
    If the handles are genuine quality SS and not pot metal, this is a winner at just below 100 bucks.
    Could a brass one be in the works, to make it even more of a throwback?!?!
    How about a nice bowie version?!?!
    How about putting the latch on the more "friendly" side.

Anyone buy one of these yet?

I know "Remington" offered something, but IIRC it's got pot metal handles, and questionable blade steel.
    so it's not much different than the Bear MFG version, strictly entry level.

Opinions? / Reviews?

After using my Google Fu,
    Here's one of only a few youtube reviews:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Jacob Gray

Jacob Gray Tiny Member

Cutlerylover has a great review on the knife! From my understanding, the handles are quality stainless steel that appear to be cast ss (though don't quote me on that). They were out of stock for a week or two on knifecenter, but finally came back in stock yesterday or the day before last for $80. Mine's in the mail, and I can't wait to start beating the hell out of my hands with it. I'm planning on grinding down the latch pin to remove the latch when I get it. I know I'd get mixed up and cut my finger off... again :ssmile:

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

Whats the deal with the opposing latch?

4. Jacob Gray

Jacob Gray Tiny Member

It's a manila style balisong opposed to the super common loved batangas style we all know. Manila style balisongs have the latch on the safe handle whereas batangas style balisongs have the latch on the bite handle.

begreen61, fogcreature and stdlrf11 like this.
  5. spsgold

spsgold Huge member JDBA Official Member

That beast weighs in at a whopping 7.85 ozs....that'll give ya a workout!
    It sounds pretty darn "loose" in that video as well.
    Get that thing flippin' n grab tha wrong handle an ya just might loose a finger! lmao

6. Jacob Gray

Jacob Gray Tiny Member

That's the plan :crossbone

7. Jacob Gray

Jacob Gray Tiny Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Loose and floppy. Latch already removed because there's no latch gate. My new EDC for a while

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  8. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

darn....looks like an `80s throwback.....

9. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Looks sexy but I would have to either go latch less or drill a new hole and move it cause I would for sure cut myself to shreds.

10. purpledc

purpledc purple or blue, depends on the strength of your gr Brigade Member

I have one on the way. Manilla reissue? I'm all for it. Sure its gonna be sloppy. Its gonna be heavy and pull my jeans straight off my ass. But damn If I'm not feeling the nostalgia. $76 shipped to my door? Yes please.

11. purpledc

purpledc purple or blue, depends on the strength of your gr Brigade Member

I got mine and it was on the way back within a few minutes. Unfortunately mine had a jacked grind, a fucked set of handles, bent pins and was as loose as a goose that was fucked by a moose. The sloppy handles i expected. But it was the combination of anything that could have been screwed up was. Just about the only thing that was acceptable was the outline of the blade. Im not ruling these out but i definitely wont be buying sight unseen again.

12. hulkblud

hulkblud JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Been eyeballing one of these for a bit, I have heard that the tang gets mashed up pretty quick tho. Anyone know how these are holding up to being used/ flipped?

13. Jacob Gray

Jacob Gray Tiny Member

Mine's still holding up great! Been EDC'ing it for a bit now and it's a solid knife. The grind on the blade is quite steep though, so it's a pretty terrible slicer. Good enough for most smaller cutting tasks however.

14. hulkblud

hulkblud JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awsome, I think I'll have to pick one of these up soon, thanks

15. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

What? Do you even balisong?

Linos likes this.
  16. Ahmar Sohail

Ahmar Sohail Tiny Member

Hey man can you tell me how you took out your latch please? Mines really bothers me.

17. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

No he can't , and no one will help you here unless you follow the rules and go post an introduction here :'

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/

Like you were asked in the email when you registered, and the PM when you logged in the first time.

18. Ahmar Sohail

Ahmar Sohail Tiny Member

19. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

....apologies not accepted...

Glenn likes this.