1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your growing collection?

skyblue Jul 13, 2016

1. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My collection is starting to take off, and I was just curious as to how most of my brother Devils store their beloved collections. I've been using 8" Robbins custom cases to protect each of my balis, and wish they made them in 7" so the knives would fit a bit more snug. Someone recently suggested Bill's custom cases, but aside from being terribly hard to find them in stock, it's difficult to justify the price for these, specially for a growing collection. I've been considering the Condor Arsenal or Maxpedition Dodecapod and was wondering if anyone who has used either one of these seemingly capable cases can share their thoughts...

Condor Arsenal:

http://airsoftoutletnw.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/condor_knife_case_folding_carrier.jpg

Maxpedition Dodecapod:

http://io.ua/22578981n.jpg

2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i like the condor arsenal and its cheap plus has my cool jd patches on it
    [​IMG]

skyblue likes this.
  3. Chefget

Chefget Huge member

A combination of Bill's Custom cases (12 & 6) and pouches. And a Pelican 1300 for EDCs :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

-Michael

4. skyblue

Sweet! Mine just arrived today, and like all Condor products, it provides the best value of price and quality. Sufficient surface area for attaching patches too. My only gripe is that storing my longer-handled knives in the pockets doesn't allow me to close the flap all the way, although this isn't enough of a deal breaker. Wonder if the Maxpedition is worth the extra coin when my balis get closer to a dozen...

Keep them coming, guys!

5. skyblue

...my jaw just dropped, Michael! Lol

6. niklasal

niklasal Huge member

7. vv10

vv10 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  8. Slowcash

Slowcash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

9. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

I put them in a tool cabinet with silica gel.
    I recommend it especially if you have a small Devils at home. You can lock out.
    Buy the biggest one so your collection grows faster.

10. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I alternate between a wicker basket in the kitchen and a wood bool/valet on top of my dresser.

11. vv10

vv10 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

12. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I use a wooden machinists' chest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to need to add though since the drawers are now pretty much at capacity.

markandrex and knateknife like this.
  13. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

better keep the blades lightly oiled

14. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

In a safe that is 6' tall x 3.5' wide by 2.5' deep and weighs 5000 lbs empty:)

15. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]
    I keep most in the knifedog pouches. A few came with cases, some in a pelican case.

16. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Mine are scattered everywhere. Just laying out on desk, counters, dressers... I don't have a huge collection though.

17. Slowcash

Slowcash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awesome! I'm right there with you, i'm digging the tool cabinet ideas maybe someday ill become organised. :manganr::ross:

18. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Separate zippered padded cases, some in original boxes .I have a question for guys with pelican cases, is the foam bad at scratching items? I am wanting to get a 1300 to haul around my collection when I am away from home for work, which is a good part of the year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  19. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

PNWJimbo likes this.
  20. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

haha oddly enough I use leather sleeves for short term storage as well!