1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry?

Klyuchak May 16, 2020

?

How do you carry your balisong?

1. Latch + Clip in Pocket

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. Latch only in Pocket

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Clip only in Pocket

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Latchless + Clipless in Pocket

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Latchless + Rubber Band in Pocket

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Sheath

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  7. Pouch

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Channel Ti Guy JDBA Official Member

Curious to find out everyones preffered method(s) of carrying. What balisongs are your favorite to carry, type of sheath if you use one, who makes it, etc...

I'll start. I usually preffer somthing with a pocket clip and latch so I can just throw it in my pocket along with my keys. Loose I find the bali shifting around too much in my pocket, gets all scratched and digned up from my keys, and makes lots of noise. I'll carry a full sized bali when I can, but most of the time, especially if I'm going somewhere like Boston with their 2.5" limit, I'll carry my little 31.
    [​IMG]

I also recently got this sidewinder sheath from Compound_Grind on Instagram. Really great for balis without a pocket clip, either clipped in the pocket or inside the wasitband.
    [​IMG]

Finally I have this Sauctin Banks belt sheath I got secondhand. Accomodates slighty bigger balis and has a horizontal carry belt loop. Sometimes I'll wear it on my hip or back, but usually just chuck it in my pocket so my keys arn't banging against the bali. It can still shift around a bit but not as much as a loose bali.
    [​IMG]

Alfie, srgantong, Balibuyer and 3 others like this.
  2. Steve W

Steve W JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I normally carry in my pocket but might have to look into a slip. Those are nice.

Alfie and apdallaround like this.
  3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

great timing, i like sleeves and prefer in-pocket so is that a sheath or pouch? lol
    [​IMG]

Alfie, TheRoach, Balibuyer and 4 others like this.
  4. Klyuchak

Those are pretty sweet, digging the top grey and white one ones, where'd you get them?

I'd consider those sheaths. Reffering more to zipper pouches like an Ace Case.

Alfie, seandavid55 and apdallaround like this.
  5. apdallaround

thanks man yours are sweet too

the top grey/silver one to the far left is a reading glasses case from foster grant LOL. i found it laying on a shelf at work and after several months of it not moving i claimed it. i have a coworker with 4 or 5 pairs of reading glasses so was prob his. he is forgetful and when i asked him about it he couldn’t remember. :)

the white is a $30 etsy sheath by grommets leatherworks. prob my fav although i literally just got it today.

i like that suction banks dudes leather work. too bad hes a dick on instagram otherwise i’d try to attain one.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Joker188, Alfie and Klyuchak like this.
  6. Klyuchak

Haha, always cool to see repurposed stuff. Not a bad price at all for the white one, thanks for the info

Alfie and apdallaround like this.
  7. apdallaround

before people were doing much balisong sheath wise i would hunt down reading glasses cases because they worked so well.

the one to the lower far right is from Germany and is the Munich skyline. i ordered a few and gave them as gifts to righteous devils. they took MONTHS to get here!

8. Justin McNeill

Justin McNeill Upgraded Member JDBA Official Member

I use this I’m able to carry any knife I have....
    0BBC65E3-6D59-4CB1-93C1-D4BB82531097.jpeg

9. apdallaround

you know you could print some badass sleeve!

10. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've been edcing these 2 for several years. They gotta be small, short, latched, and with a clip.....or atleast I thought
    20200517_125930.jpg
    Then Jason whipped up this ole girl. Still small, but not short, latchless, and no clip. And now introducing me to a sheath style carry.....and I'm in love with it and ready to try more freakin sheaths lol.
    20200517_130032.jpg

11. Mastema

Mastema Little Member JDBA Official Member

In my back pocket, next to my wallet, tip down. Why over-complicate things?

Alfie and Benyounkz like this.
  12. Benyounkz

Benyounkz Little Member

:iagree:

Alfie likes this.
  13. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

maxpedition style belt sheath. will be getting a Gary Graley leather sheath once the 51 is back from spa.

Klyuchak and apdallaround like this.
  14. apdallaround

because i’d have lost a bunch of awesome balisongs that way

Alfie and Balibuyer like this.
  15. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yea, way to fuckin active and mobile for that shit.

Alfie, Klyuchak and apdallaround like this.
  16. TheRoach

TheRoach Tiny Member

:notguilt:

God, I want a nice sheathe sooo bad. Unfortunately, i’m in California where it’s illegal to carry bali’s in public. So my vote is just latch in pocket where I don’t EVER i repeat EVER carry my bali’s. :notguilt:

17. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

BM51 (latch and clip) in the front right pocket. It replaces the roll of quarters I use to carry.

The down side...if I ever get in a knife fight I'll be dead before I'm able to get it out.

***Grizzly tin in the back pocket

18. apdallaround

whoa back the truck up.....

roll of quarters for arcade game play?

Alfie and Benyounkz like this.
  19. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Fuck yeah LOL. I don't carry quarters anymore because I have the arcade at home.

Mad Katz TE2+ Fightstick (Tournament Edition). Customized with Sanwa buttons and replaced the square gate with the octagon directions for easier execution of the DP. Have the spring tension at 2 lbs. My go to for tourneys.

***Mad Katz was bought out by Logitech so they no longer make it

20200521_231221.jpg

20. Joker188

Joker188 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Edited

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020