1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

How did you get into balisong?

TheBombGamerTag Apr 26, 2012

1. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

How did I get into first balisongs?

Well it goes back to when I got into knives. I was about 6 months old and my uncle sat me on his lap and started lOokin throwing gun/knife magazines and he let me hold his knife. Little did he know then he had just put a spark in that little boy. Ever since then Ive been a big knife fan. If I saw a knife I didn't have I bought it. Well last year I was on my way home from a ski trip in Colorodo, and I picked up a cheap balisong from a convenient store. I had no idea how to flip or anything but now I am going EVERYWHERE with a balisong.

2. I-Like-Pie

I-Like-Pie Huge member

I saw them in movies and always wondered "how'd they do that, that's bad ass"

And i wanted to impress chicks. :ropeman:

3. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra Fresh to Death

When I was a kid the movie "Big trouble in little China" came out, there's a scene where one of the Asian gang members has a Bali. I've been into them ever since. Only started taking them seriously in the last year.

4. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

hehehe BTLC!! I love that movie.

You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this....
    &
    It's all in the wrist.

I got a bali comb when I was 9. Started flipping for real about 4 years ago.

Dank Sinatra likes this.
  5. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

WHO?

[​IMG]

JACK BURTON!

6. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

K mart....$2.99

7. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Aliens

8. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Long story.... but I'll try to keep it short.

Three of my buddies and I were walking around town, looking for this one clothing store for men. We've heard that they had some really nice suits on sale. Couldn't find it after walking around for 45 minutes.

We somehow ended up in a shady alley where, as fate would have it, some of our rivals (people in a bad crowd who we knew growing up) happened to be hanging out that day. It was a group of about 4 fat bastards. After exchanging a few words, it escalated quickly into an all out brawl between us. Bunch of them and us had knuckle dusters, switchblades, chains, and pipes. Luckily no one had a firearm or else it would have ended badly for someone that day. Anyways, it somehow jumped up a notch... and I stabbed a man in the heart, with a balisong I found on the floor.

The police came not too soon after that but everyone managed to scatter away quickly. My buddies and I gathered back up in the office and one of them told me to find myself a safehouse or a relative close by and to lay low for a while... I kept that balisong in case they were looking for evidence.

A couple of years later, I found out about the JerzeeDevil and it rekindled some of the old memories of the knife.

And that's how I was exposed to balisongs.

This story may or may not be true, based on a real life story, or that of a fictional movie featuring Will Ferrell.

9. DSpike13

DSpike13 Average member

Sharky's Machine, loved this as a kid. at 10:13 Dan Inosanto is called on to give Burt reynolds a couple bali bites.

[video=youtube;OzQyHhRQpP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQyHhRQpP4&feature=relmfu[/video]

10. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

My friend had an Italian "Jeans knife" from over seas. Basically a butterfly knife with the pivots of a paradox. Didnt really flip but i wanted it so badly. Then i saw Two-Bit flip a bali in The Outsiders i was hooked.

11. dprocter

dprocter Average member

Dude that's a crazy story...

12. dprocter

dprocter Average member

:bwah:

13. SpydercoLover

I read that and all i thought was "what the hell are you posting that for??" and then i saw the ending:manganr:
    Also, what movies that from??

14. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Balisongs became cool.

So I do balisongs now.

True story bro.

15. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Jeff Imada :jdwink2:

16. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Anchorman. :bwah:

One of the funniest movies ever. Has a bit of cult status.
    They don't actually have any balisongs in the movie, but there is a scene with a switchblade... and a grenade.

17. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

I killed man with a trident. :manganr:

18. SpydercoLover

After i posted that i wondered if it was that. Hahaha i've seen it.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, where'd you get a hand grenade?
    Brick Tamland: I don't know....

(sorry just had too)

19. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

I saw a Terry Guinn. Then I saw how much they cost, so then I bought something else.

20. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

[​IMG]