1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

how are boker kalashnikov's so available here?

Blurred Memories Apr 23, 2019

1. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories Average Member

so i finally found that switchblade act, and i'm no lawyer so i can't figure out where these fit into the exclusions.

boker kalashnikov autos by the ton are floating around usa and for sale on some very high profile seller sites that clearly state they are made in china.. so wtf mode?

and if the autos can get in without confiscation... why can't their china made balis?

https://kniferights.org/resources/federal-switchblade-act/

oops.. is this the wrong amendment for knives? fuck! mods please move if necessary.. sorry but there's too many forums here!

2. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

More than 10 years ago, the Bokers autos sold in the USA were all conversions. I.e. They were imported as manuals and converted to automatic by simply disassembling, dropping in a spring, and reassembling.

E.g., The difference between the classic Speed Lock and Top Lock series is that the top locks leave the factory without a spring, but Top Lock autos are (were) plentiful in the USA because they were easily converted. The same was true for the various Kalashnikov series and Magnum series autos you can buy here.

Around 10 years ago, I read that Boker was pressured by the US government to stop importing knives that were so easy to convert so Boker changed them to make them not a drop-in conversion by not drilling the hole for the spring in the blade at the factory. This is hearsay, though since I never saw such a knife.

Anyway, I believe the Boker side-openers are still converted to auto after being imported into the USA.

Also, Boker does have a new line of OTF autos that are made in the USA by Hogue, but they are hardly a bargain like the side-opening conversions.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019