1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hot sauces and hot foods ( spicy)

Mr.LaBella Jan 29, 2008

1. thatsagoodcut

thatsagoodcut Little Member

If thats anything like the green tabasco its probably delicious.

2. Stormdrane

Stormdrane 1st rate knot worker Brigade Member

hickory, desmodus and junglegoober like this.
  3. Nate

Nate Tiny Member

Papa turts habenaro hot sauce!! It’ll make you cry but tastes so good you don’t care

4. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Best hot sauce that I can get off Amazon?

5. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Stubbs Wicked Wing sauce .... I cant live without it.

6. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

I am not sure if this youtube has been posted in this thread, I find it interesting, it does have hot sauces

Stormdrane and El Gringo like this.
  7. gutshot

gutshot Tiny Member

How hot do you like your sauces?

My personal habanero based favorites are the red, green, and the brownish , kutbilik XXX hot all from the great El Yucateco brand https://www.elyucateco.com/copy-of-salsas. All very versatile and great for everyday use. I also use Franks red and the Tabasco brand red, green ,along with the rare and soon to be discontinued Scorpion Sauce. These are my go to sauces for most every meal I eat. I have the Dave's Insanity and the wonderful Blair's Death Sauce when I need to kick up the heat level . Keep in mind that most of the sauces with "extreme" levels of heat gain that heat by having synthesized capsicum added to them for that face melting, ass blasting ,murderous heat if that is what you're into.

Good luck with your search and try them all!

Stormdrane likes this.
  8. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Thanks for the response. Yucateco is great all while being cheap and easy to get in big bottles at any of the mexican markets. Love franks and tabasco.

While have not tried to many of the blairs and daves, feel like taste is compromised.

I just got in the mail last was ca johns reaper sauce and elijah's xtreme ghost pepper sauce. Not sure if I would get either again but the elijah is def nice tasting.

My go to have been recently secret aardvark sauce, yellowbird (all the flavors are great and while being cheaper then your other run of the mill niche types) and marie sharps.

gutshot likes this.
  9. gutshot

gutshot Tiny Member

I'll have to try that Aardvark Sauce down the road.... I actually grow my own chiles and was thinking about making sauce this year but ran out of time. I'd be aiming for heat with plenty of deep and complex flavors. Not easy to do by any strech.

10. Stormdrane

11. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Stormdrane likes this.
  12. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

desmodus and Stormdrane like this.
  13. Stormdrane

The peppers I used were sliced, in a jar, and still had the seeds and the white part of the pepper(where the heat is) that some folks trim out/off, but I just diced up the slices as they were, seeds and all and put that in the mix, so the heat and flavor were intact after cooking. :)

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  14. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I'd crap fire for a week.

15. Stormdrane

Found some 'new' spicy pickles and crackers at wallyworld this morning. Tried the crackers so far, they're just okay, not great, probably will add 'em to soup or chili.

If I don't end up eating the pickles straight out of the jar, I may dice them up and and add them to tuna/chicken salad, tater salad, cole slaw or whatnot... :ross:
    [​IMG]
    spicy pickles
    by David Hopper (Stormdrane), on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    spicy crackers
    by David Hopper (Stormdrane), on Flickr

hickory, desmodus and Bobert like this.
  16. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

The Mango Habanero one sounds interesting.

17. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I wonder if I can find those pickles locally.

18. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

I`ve been trying to introduce my father-in-law to the Spicy Side....building up his tolerance a bit at a time. He`s coming along.... :-)

Stormdrane likes this.
  19. Stormdrane

'Sam's Choice' is a Walmart brand, so you can use the 'Store Availability' selection when doing a search on the wallyworld site to see if a nearby store has them in stock. ;)

desmodus and hickory like this.
  20. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I went for oysters last week with my dad and bro. Btw, $1 oysters at Ironside on India St. M-F from 3-6p/happy hour. Anyways, I am not a habanero fan and they give you Tobasco, a house made habanero and house made 7-Pot hot sauces. I wanted something with more kick than Tobasco, so I reached past the habanero, and grab the 7-Pot since I had never heard of it and just assumed it to be milder than the habanero. I dab it all over 6 oysters along with horse radish and lemon. I eat em all pretty quick and like 30 seconds later, my mouth is on fire. The beer is not helping at all, but I'm maintaining. I find out from the bartender a few minutes later that 7-Pot is ghost pepper variant. I switched to Tobasco for the rest, but I did not venture far from my toilet that night. It burned, burned, burned...that ring of fire.