1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Horror Movies that Still Scare You

22MEANTXGUNS22 Oct 10, 2013

1. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

My friends and I are doing our 4th Annual "31 Days Of Horror" Which basically consists of us buzzing thru my horror movie collection for, well the entire month of October. Starting on October 1st, we commense watching my entire horror collection and nothing but. Single movies during the week, series on our days off. I'm not even half way there but I will be honest, it has actually taken it's toll on us mentally. The majority of them got campy as time went by, some we even find comical, though they scared us as kids, but there are a select few that still make us shudder despite the fact we are no longer children and know fully well it's all make believe. Got me to thinking if there are others who have their own personal little list of scary movies that stayed with them because they're just that damn terrifying. Here's a personal list of movies that I refuse to watch at night or watch alone, a few have even managed to make me puke they're so graphic and terrifying :

"The Exorcist" Movies

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movies (Original)

"The Omen" Movies (original)

The "Alien" Movies

My Bloody Valentine (Original)

The Evil Dead 1&2 (original)

The Thing (original)

City Of The Living Dead

The Beyond

House By The Cemetery

The Twilight Zone Movie - the movie itself isn't too scary but my sister used always make it a point to tell me what happened to vic morrow and those two kids when I was little and that just makes it a really creepy movie to me.

"The Fly" 1&2 (Remakes)

Slaughter High

Dolls

Hellraiser 1&2

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

"Night Of The Demons" movies (original)

Leviathan

Phantom Of The Opera (the 1989 version)

The Dark Side Of The Moon

Tales From The Hood

Event Horizon

The Blair Witch Project

The "Feast" Movies

Dead Silence

The Midnight Meat Train

Devil

Insidious

Sinister

If anyone else has their own little personal list of movies that still manage to send chills down their spine feel free to chip in, I know I can't be the only one, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  2. BaByGoTtHeRuNz

BaByGoTtHeRuNz Enormous member

I started watching horror movies at a really young age and even then, I didn't find them that scary.

What did scare the shit out me were those shows about people who claimed to have had paranormal encounters with ghosts and aliens. You know, the ones were the "eye witness" is interviewed and there's re-enactments of the creepy shit that went down.

Looking back, most of them were pretty cheesey but, a few of them like Creepy Canada and one on t.v. now called Paranormal Witness still manage to give me the creeps from time to time.

3. C-57D

C-57D Huge member

A couple more that will give you the willies!!!

-"The Shining"

-"Phantasm" (1979)

-"Night of the living dead" (Original B/W 1968) The best!

Boooo!!!!!

4. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

The original "Nightmare On Elm Street"....

(and, while not specifically in the Horror genre`, "Eraserhead" is one of the creepiest fucking movies ever made....that flick is just about indescribable....)

5. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

I don't really get scared by movies. Scream gave me a couple of jumps, but the one that really got under my skin was Open Water.

6. Alabama

Alabama Average member

Real life every day is so much more scary than any movie ever conceived.

But for great scary flicks I still like:

The original War Of The Worlds. Alien tripods kick the world's butt just as we were enjoying the Fifties.

The original THEM. Postwar American manhood faces up to giant mutant ants.

Room 1407 (title?) with John Cusack. Serious supernatural mind games.

7. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

Bump for Halloween Week! :redrum:
    You're missing Halloween I & II. The originals, not the Rob Zombie remakes (though they were good & get an honorable mention). You can't have a horror fest without the Shape! I tried to do one of these myself, made a list, and fell on my fucking face with a huge FAIL. I always watch Halloween though. & Nightmare on Elm St too.
    Total flix watched; 2:
    The Possession an Exorcist regurge, though not too bad, it started good but I didn't like the last 20 mins much. The Dybbuk box is real, but the story is fiction, kind of false advertized IMO.
    The Faculty I liked it a lot. A bit Sci-Fi-y for a horror flick, but Rob Rodriguez nailed it. Elijah Wood leads an ensemble cast. Almost zombie-esque towards the end. Worth it just for Laura Harris' nude scenes.

3 nights left, & I'm leaning towards Zombies until Thu night, though the horror fest may go on through the w/e. In the queue:

Evil Dead 1 & 2
    Re-Animator
    Dead Snow
    Zombieland
    Paranorman

:evilness:

8. goatlord666

goatlord666 Huge member

not really scared of it but I've always loved Dead Snow

9. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen shot down in flames

I am a lifelong horror movie fan, and I can't say that I find very much scary now, or feel still terrified by it now. If I had to put one down that had the most profound impact it would have to be the original Nightmare on Elm Street. That was probably my first movie experience seeing imagery that was intense like that.

On the other hand, this shit freaked me out really bad and still gives me the creeping willies!
    [YOUTUBE]Mioevxb2CfA[/YOUTUBE]

10. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

I've watched a few,two that still give me the great galloping willies would be Alien and An American Werewolf in London :devilzeek

Jason from Fri the 13th has gone from scary to cool,I like the character overall and frankly....who wouldn't enjoy killing the damn kids in those films?? :bwah:

11. goatlord666

goatlord666 Huge member

tops! the ramake made Jason bigger stronger and hell, he even has a good aim with a recurve! same thing with the new Michael Myers, totally killer (pun intended)!