1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hom Rhapsody pivot swap

Gripfast1975 Nov 11, 2019

1. Gripfast1975

Gripfast1975 Tiny Member

Hey people, I recently got a Hom Rhapsody but am having a bit of trouble tightening down the safe handle as it has a bit of play. Thing is, no matter how much I tighten the damn thing, is still taps the blade. Sooooo, would anyone know if the squidindustries hardware set (pivot set ) would fit my Rhapsody? Was thinking since I probably need a new pivot set, might as well color it up and swap out the spacers as well......anyhow, any help would be much appreciated !

Ps, just saw on the squidindustries site that some pivots fit the Hom models but thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried such a thing....thanks again !

2. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I bet there is loctite caked at the bottom preventing you from tightening it down. I've had it happen to me. Go to the drug store and get a pack of small dental brushes and try to clean out the pivot.

3. Gripfast1975

Gripfast1975 Tiny Member

Hey thanks ! But I forgot to mention that I left both pivots in acetone for 1 hour and scrubbed the insides with the a toothbrush and broke a crossman AND a wiha t10 screwdriver doing all of this......the links on getting hardware for this trainer on the Hom site confuse me a bit, and aren't the same ones that came on it, so I figured I would go with another brand and color

4. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Well damn. Beats the hell out of me then. Message Jerry and see if he will sell you some new pivots. Click the contact link on his site.

5. RexRippin

RexRippin Little Member

Your problem is most likely an oversized bushing.

6. Bushpusher

Bushpusher Tiny Member

Or an undersized washer. You can get different sized washers at USA knife maker.com but you need a set of calipers to know

oops I used my real name moderators help

7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

apdallaround and Linos like this.