1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hom Chimera in stock at knifecenter

David Delgado Aug 15, 2019

1. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

If anyone is looking to get one I would recommend buying from PVK because they still do not charge out of state sales tax and I am pretty sure blade hq does. It cost me $28 in tax to get mine from knifecenter. What a gyp.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. David Delgado

David Delgado Little Member

PhotoPictureResizer_190819_170159772_crop_861x1441.jpg They are here!

3. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

There were some ramblings about colt 45s. It threw me off.

4. chutcher

Yup, she is big and badass...
    20190819_151310.jpg

5. chutcher

Size comparison against some other homs... 20190819_151007.jpg

6. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

The latch retract is awesome.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    chutcher likes this.
  7. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Those look nice man! Are they fun to flip? Also, the purple really doesn't look that purple. Looks more like gray. Maybe I'm color blind though...

chutcher likes this.
  8. David Delgado

David Delgado Little Member

These flip nice. Well balanced and nice long handles. Nicely finished with no sharp edges or pinching. That retractable latch is genius. The purple isn't a bright purple. It's more like a faded purple. I picked this one because I like that rugged battle worn look.

chutcher likes this.
  9. chutcher

Oh yes, you better believe this bad boy is fun to flip. This is a beast of a bali that Crocodile Dundee himself would be proud to own. It does not flip quite as good as other top production balis, maybe because I am not used to the larger size, but it is still a great flipper.

It is just really an impressive total package because of the large size, light weight, and it being a great flipper. When I flip this thing out I feel like I should walk out into the woods and start batoning wood, chopping down trees, or something. It is just badass.

Also, I take the latch off of all balis that I flip. I do not feel the need to take the latch off of this one whatsoever. Once retracted, I really cannot tell it is there. I absolutely love the retractable latch and hope to see this design on future balis.

Oh yeah... it is also sharp as hell.

10. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I am intrigued by this latch design y'all speak of. So does it not just fall back out of the handle once retracted? Or is there some sort of detent or something holding it in there securely? Love the design though. Mr. Jerry killed it.

chutcher likes this.
  11. chutcher

I'm not sure what type of sorcery Mr. Hom used, but it is in there pretty snug and is not going to pop back out.

Balibuyer likes this.
  12. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Right on, thanks for the input! It is big for sure and that's why i was wondering. It looks massive in your comparison to the other Hom's you posted.

**Liked "Crocodile Dundee himself would be proud to own". Ha

chutcher likes this.
  13. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

looks badass

chutcher likes this.