1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hole of Shame (bullet hole)...First Negligent Discharge

Nathan Dewey Jul 16, 2019

1. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Fun fact:
    If you carry sig sauer v crown in your pocket 380 it won't go through an interior wall.

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Ive had 2 in my life, one in my late 20s, and one in my late 40s. Having a routine that you religiously follow is the key. Also, not drinking.

3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Never did. Almost once, I'd been drinking (BAD idea!) and had the trigger half pulled when I caught myself. Don't drink and handle firearms any more. Should not have the first time.

Nathan, just curious, did the bullet hit a stud, or was it just sheetrock that stopped it? How thick is the sheetrock at your place?

If one sheet of drywall can stop that bullet, I think I'd be looking for some better ammo, or a bigger handgun.... jus' sayin'....

4. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Jezus. Glad you and all are OK.

Would you care to venture a guess as to what stopped the bullet?

A 380 would surely pass drywall but maybe not old school sheet rock?

obi

5. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Thanks for posting. You may have prevented a similar incident for someone else. This is a good example of why the rules for gun safety have some redundancy built in.

6. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yikes! Glad everything's ok. Thanks for sharing, it's a good reminder to us all.

7. voimakas

voimakas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Holy shit. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

8. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Okay I checked the hole again and it's about an inch deep. I'm thinking the wall is sheetrock or maybe it did hit a stud though I don't see any splinters (the house was built in 03)

9. voimakas

voimakas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've seen a .357 mag ND. Came out of a 2" snubby and was a heavy grain JHP. It only went through the first level of drywall and didn't penetrate through the exterior/siding.

10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Once my brother dropped off a 22 rifle for me to clean. Normally them old 22's require you to pull the trigger and draw the bolt back to take the bolt out of the receiver.
    You know... it was in my basement and that bullet went through 1 wall and some duct work in the furnace room.

11. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thank goodness no one was killed.

I am obsessive about checking and double checking.

I assume they’re all loaded.