1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hidden Treasures

Tim Bacus Mar 20, 2018

Tags:
  1. Tim Bacus

Tim Bacus JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I have a friend named Frank. Frank owned a cutlery/gift store in a DC Metro area mall for something like twenty years. When he sold the store and retired he put away a lot of his old merchandise and forgot about it, mostly. This was around 20-25 years ago. Fast forward to last week and I mention my new craze of Balisong collecting and show Frank my collection. He likes it and mentions that he has a lot of knives put away from when he owned his store and has a lot of balisongs. I ask him to bring them by so I can check them out and he says he will.

Now to be honest I'm really expecting to see a lot of old CCC from the 80's and 90's. Instead he completely floors me and shows up with a box full of old Pacific Cutlery knives many of which are Jody Samson knives. Seems Frank was pretty tight with Pacific Cutlery and bought a lot of knives from them. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure here are eight Jody Samson Balisongs. A few of them are up for sale on the sales page, but for now just check out these amazing knives!

20180318_134142.jpg

Xmegaman, nostimos, desmodus and 8 others like this.
  2. Caffiend

Caffiend JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Can you ask Frank any chance his store was the one on the 2nd level of Springfield Mall?

3. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

FUCK ME!!! :cutty::cutty::cutty::cutty::cutty:

BTW is that a Imada High Hollow second to the last?
    and the last one looks like a Spanish Bowie.
    (is there a drool imoge? these need to be organized better):jdwink2:

seandavid55 likes this.
  4. Tim Bacus

FUCK ME!!! :cutty::cutty::cutty::cutty::cutty:

BTW is that a Imada High Hollow second to the last?
    and the last one looks like a Spanish Bowie.
    (is there a drool imoge? these need to be organized better):jdwink2:

The wooden handled ones are up for sale, better pictures of them there.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. Tim Bacus

I'll ask.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

while you're asking,lol ,,I'm digging the 2nd one in from the left with the really long handles they be fore sale and are they all SS handles ,,any tis in them by chance .

7. Tim Bacus

I don't know if Pacific Cutlery ever did titanium handles, but these are all stainless. The long handled one is a 5" blade.

begreen61 likes this.
  8. Xmegaman

Xmegaman Little member

My pants just got tighter!!!!!!

Fuck man you just made my day lol.

9. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

PCC did Titan, but it's rare.... Was VERY expensive at the time.... + $1,000 option on a 4 in. model.