1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hi All, having a '90's Manga comic flashback-saw Alita and now my OCD wants THIS!?

The U.R.M Apr 14, 2019

1. The U.R.M

The U.R.M Tiny Member

:breaking:Greetings, my first thread here ,figured since it looks like a balisong/butterfly-but huge.... this is the spot.

I recently saw Alita Battle Angel and while they changed a lot they kept the main points of the movie and I am geeking out/loved it all, dont get me started on the CGI,motion capture.. not the thread for it-Ha!

What did strike me is I went back to my comics-yup still have comics from my youth- and saw,remembered the folding sword/HUUUUGE butterfly knife/sword Alita used... Soooooo my OCD has kicked in and now i am on the hunt for one like in this thread----- https://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/38-inch-balisong.112241/ --

I have seen pics using google-foo but this thing is like UFo's and 'the Squatch' - pics rumors and photos but no hard evidence... does not help I am like 10 yrs late almost--dammit...

Anyway, I guess some of my other purchase pursuits are on hold until I convince myself I cannot get one...:dedhorse:

Anyone have info, who made,leads, have one they do not want??

PS-IF i want to post pics of my knives and such, is there a preferred program you folks use? I used to use photobucket but leary due to some issues with malware so I need to change programs.. SORRY off my topic.

Back to reading in the various forums.

Thanks all for any help with my OCD...:cheers::banghead:

2. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Email Atropos knives out of Russia. He does custom orders and has started making Bali swords, so I'm sure this project is something that is up his alley and one he'll consider taking on.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The JerzeeDevil has a fine photo gallery. Click on Media and see what we got. Unfortunately, if you have hi-def pics, they're probably too large to fit. Often, you can resize them and they'll fit just fine.

In cases when my pics are too large, I use imgur. Then, with a simple copy/paste operation, the pics show up here purty as ya pleeze!

If you need help with your photo problems, or want to know WTF I'm talking about, I did a little tutorial when the software updated and everything changed. It's at https://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/need-help-with-picture-problems.172582/
    maybe you can pick up some ideas there.

4. The U.R.M

The U.R.M Tiny Member

Thank you guys for the replies.. I will try contacting the guy in russia but I will probably cringe at the price...
    Regarding the pictures, I will look into what you said. I have google pics and I swear I see people link a gallery but I cannot seem to get any link to google pics to work, takes me to the login page.. I tried imgur but my phone did an update and now they dont like each other.... anyway ,keep trying.

5. skyblue

6. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Little member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, his prices are pretty damn good, especially considering how much he works with his customers on options. He can most likely make it a full sword sized, keychain sized, or anything in between, just ask. Pretty much any material or extra feature I asked for, he was more than happy to include for like $20 ontop.

skyblue likes this.
  7. Klyuchak

apdallaround and skyblue like this.
  8. The U.R.M

The U.R.M Tiny Member

Wow, I saw that small one, that looks bitchin!!! I will email him and ask him for a quote to bump it up size wise... the trick for me here in kommiefornia is hopefully if I get it the same size as the ones that were sold it is not considered a 'knife' ,because butterflys are considered a felony.. oooo they are soo much more deadly... like having a pistol grip on a AR... please.. I am more likely to chop my own fingers, I just want one cause i am a geek for the comic/character... Hell i just spent big money on a pair of silver coins made for the movie, I should not have but... 1 of 75 in 1 version, 1 of 10 done in preaged silver.... so pretty damn rare..... I may hate myself in 6 months....but fukit!!!

Man if I had a machine shop..oooo the crazy ass shit I would be making...

9. Klyuchak

California has plenty of restrictions, like no autos over 2", no balistic knives, and no disguised knives, but as long as you arn't carrying it on your person and it stays at home, balisongs are perfectly legal to own. You also can't have it in the driver's or passengers compartment of a car, but you could lock it up in your trunk to take it to friends house or somthing.

"The state of California has ruled that a Balisong knife is a switchblade because of how easily it can be opened. However, you can still buy Balisong knives that are over 2 inches if you do not carry it in the driver or passenger seat or on you. Simply put, if you buy Balisongs to collect and leave it at home, it is 100% OK."

Source: https://knifeup.com/california-knife-and-balisong-law/

The U.R.M likes this.
  10. The U.R.M

The U.R.M Tiny Member

Well i contacted the russian guy and was quoted 1200.00 to make it in the 37"oal version,1/2 down ,half upon shipping. Soooo maybe i can swing it for a christmas present for myself.
    I asked about tbe one in the instagram link..i can buy one,still 400+ , the fact that i cant use or carry it at all does damper it a bit but i will see in a month or 2.
    I am going to look up the law and see if the large one is still considered a 'knife' or a sword,pole arm. If so,cool.
    Could be cool to have in the get me home,thru the riot,quake,antifa,blm,etc bag... :bendibble:peace::andy:

11. Klyuchak

You may be able to make the case that it's a sword if it's carried in open sight, with the blade locked in the open position in a sheath. Folded, even in open sight, could be tricky, and could possibly even be considered a disguised weapon if not a balisong.

12. skyblue

I contacted him last night. The one on IG is $450 shipped to the USA.

Regarding California, it's probably best to have it shipped to a friend out of state or through a middle man in order to avoid the worry of having it confiscated by Customs. Find someone on IG who imports from him regularly and may be able to help you for a small donation.....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    The U.R.M likes this.
  13. crogers

Imma just leave this here...

The U.R.M likes this.
  14. crogers

The U.R.M likes this.
  15. The U.R.M

The U.R.M Tiny Member

Hi guys, yea I have seen the Bradley cutlery video and tried to pursue getting one from that direction also.... to no avail.

That 'UUUGE one that the guy made is very cool but I would need to be built like conan to effectively wield it... and I am not..
    I will grab a coffee and watch the vid though, thanks a bunch!

I was rereading the posts and reread the one about having it sent to someone out of state. I may have it shipped to my dad in AZ and then he ships it in to me.... he is my pipeline to the USA....