1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Heretic Manticore X Predator

FlyGuy Jan 18, 2021

1. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I didn't really have the funds for this, but had to go for it and figure it out later. Predator was a big part of my childhood.

This is my first and only Heretic knife. I wasn't a fan of the earlier Heretic designs. The pocket clips with a big H and the goofy looking serrations held me back. The Manticore knives are very clean though.

I have to say that this is a very nice knife. The non-Predator version is priced decently. I paid way too much for this, but it is awesome regardless. Tight lockup and good action. Doesn't fire as hard as a Troodon or Dalton, but it has plenty of power. The serial number is in Predator symbols, very cool. The bead is also very well done, made by Harding Inc.. There were copper or cobalt versions. I went with the cobalt.

IMG_20210118_132128_563_copy_2698x1470.jpg

2. EJ_Livesey

EJ_Livesey Huge member

Predator was a huge part in my childhood too. It’s my favorite movie franchise ever. Great find. I love the knife. You got me thinking I should buy one.

apdallaround, seandavid55 and FlyGuy like this.
  3. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Do it bro! Who knows if this will be continued or not. As far as I know only 50 of the "E" series were made prior to Christmas. This larger "X" series has about 150 so far.

apdallaround and seandavid55 like this.
  4. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Those are pretty cool. It saddens me to think we could probably ask people about the original predator and they wouldn't have a clue.

apdallaround and FlyGuy like this.
  5. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

It will probably go up in value over the years unlike a smart phone or so many other things. Predator and Alien movies are the best, never forget seeing them when they came out at the theaters, the music in Predator is best at just below pain threshold.

apdallaround and FlyGuy like this.