1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Here is my first knife made from a file

SPLITSHOT May 24, 2009

1. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Well I have the bug real bad. I made my first knife from a old file and put a micarta handle on it. I only have a 4" x36" sander and a 1" x 30" belt sander . I have been looking at the kmg or making one of tracy's ginders... I have been working on another one here is a picture of it no handle on it yet.and here is a small damascus blade i put a handle on.I have a long ways to go but you have to start some where. i will post more pictures as i finish some more. i am waiting on some handle meterial right. now. i will also post some pic's of my shop...i will be asking alot of questions if that is ok...thank's jeff

fishwolf and TheBadGuy like this.
  2. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Here is some pictures of the new shop , I still have alot of work to do to get it workable....

3. knife_junky

knife_junky Better than gold or platinum

Thats a great shop with lots of potential... Me jealous!!

4. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

Looks like your off to a good start, and that shop, well, lets just say I am jealous too! Soooo much room for machines, tools, and other cool shit. Congrats, lots of fum to be had in there!

5. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Thank's guy's, the shop is 40' x 50" it has a 12'x 14' office with a full storage loft above and also a 12' x 50' attic for storage. I am setiing the office up for my knife lanyards and bow slings .It should be nice when i get done..

6. General Specific

General Specific Huge member

When you get done, eh? I have to echo - I'm jealous. I'm working out of a 12' x 12' and sharing with my buddy who's making fishing lures. COOL SETUP
    ! What kind of Kryptonite do you need to keep the woman from stuffing that area with holiday crap? Have fun. That's an awesome setup!

Regards,

Dave

7. ragingwolf66

ragingwolf66 Down For Life

Now thats awesome. Great looking shop too!!!

8. RAGUEL3

RAGUEL3 Huge member

Great area to work in congrats. 3 suggestions if they arent factored in already= 1- two level(shelf under for storage) tables around two/three walls for mounting grindres buffers etc and settin up seperate work stations for each step in making . 2= SERIOUS air filtration/exhuast setup (you can build 90% of it yourself with mounted tubing on the wall over the tables, same as installing pvc air piping for compressor.
    and 3= a freezer strip doorway (long plastic clear strips like at the grocery walk in freezer)or something to seperate the office ,so the dust doesnt get everywhere.
    Folks who have installed one or all of these in new shops always rave about how much better it is for them now.

Enjoy, thats a great size room for startin out a shop.

9. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

hello I will install a dust collection system and i have more benches being made with have storage underneath. thanks:ssmile::ssmile:

10. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Damn. I have serious shop space envy going on now.

Your off to a great start brother. Keep the pics coming.

mo

11. tmik

tmik Midwest Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

nice shop. It's like a virgin just sitting there...waiting, asking for it.

12. Bill Coye

Bill Coye The Devil made me do it Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice!

Looking good! very nice knife.

Shop envy for sure.....

13. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Thank's Mo , I will be picking your brain when i run into problems ......

14. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

yes tracy , it needs some of your store items in it. and maybe one of your grinders..some handle material, blade steel, pin stock. etc. ,etc. :devil1:

15. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

4mac you gave me the push i needed to get started. My friend.. it's all your fualt......:ssmile:

16. Kinnear Knife

Kinnear Knife Huge member

Wow!

I really like your little damascus. As for the shop.... I didn't see any pictutre of a shop. I saw a couple of pictures of a palace! That's just fantastic...
    I imagine you're going to go a long way. The green beast of envy is rising.

Have a good one!

17. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Thank's, I get 90% of the shop the wife get the other 10%.and she gets the attic to store the holiday junk...I also have a 12' x 24' shed that i keep all my lawn equipment in and all the other stuff that my wife likes to keep. That way i can keep the shop for work and not clutter it up. I bought some new shelves today now to put them together. I am going the buy a band saw tommorow .I am still trying to put a list of equipment together that i need .have a good one....:devil1:

18. hammerface

hammerface Huge member

:cheesydevil:

19. archer-ca

archer-ca Huge member

Serious Envy here. I live in a condo...nuff said:mabuse:

Norman

20. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

cool shop bro:ssmile: