1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! polish question... and not the sausage.

rock3r4life Jan 12, 2021

1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

I am a perfectionist and I dislike the original polish of my katanas; I am growing more and more concerned as I am working It with 4k and 8k wetstone (from previous factory mediocre polish) still looks shoddy. Is it just an absurd amount of effort and time required that I am unused to? In essence, should an 8000 grit stone provide a mirror finish? Or do I need a million grit?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

Update: got a Ken Onion worksharp electric sharpener and up to 12k grit belts; I tinkered with it a bit but seems to be relatively tedious for large blades and the guide kinda messes things up; I like wetstones better so I'm gonna wait for my 10k grit ston to be mailed , should be good enough.