1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Help, is my benchmade 51 fake....

Leonardo Morcillo Sep 20, 2017

1. Leonardo Morcillo

Leonardo Morcillo Tiny Member

I just purchased a benchmade 51 from a man on a facebook group... he sold it to me for 175$, which he owned since june of this year.. so its basically new.. he bought it off the benchmade website which he sent me the email stating his purchase and showed the date and his order number.. i recieved the knife today and noticed different marking compared to the markings ive seen on google, which makes me feel kinda scheptical. Or maybe they're just new markings from this year.... I hope someone can help me and tell me if its real or fake for i can do something

2. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

My 51, which was bought from blade us about 4 years ago, has blade and steel type markings different than yours. Vertically read, not horizontally. They could've changed their stamping process though.

3. Leonardo Morcillo

I hope they did, and yeah they probably did with this years

4. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

some of them do have logo horizontally. Your is real. I went through about 5 or 6 of them by now

thegoodedge and desmodus like this.
  5. Leonardo Morcillo

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, im glad its real... just wanted to be 100% sure because it was my first time buying from someone privately..

6. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Looks legit. The G10 on the Chinese crap is different....

7. Balithunderbuddy

Balithunderbuddy Tiny Member

Looks just like the one I purchased off of the BM website.

8. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

They changed the way they put the info on the blade for balis to be more uniform with the rest of their knives.

The 87 is the exact same way as the more recently manufactured 51s

9. FliptheBird

FliptheBird Little Member

Looks legit, the cheap Chinese clones do not have that nice perfect milling and fitment of all screws, if things start flying apart then be worried, you can feel quality, benchmade won't let you down, cheap clones will and it looks like you have a winner.

10. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

It is completely real. Have no fear. They switched their markings late last year.

11. benzen12

benzen12 Little Member

Yours looks legit. Mine is 3 years old and has the older markings.