1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Help a smurf

Brandon Fleck Jun 8, 2021

1. Brandon Fleck

Brandon Fleck Tiny Member

So. I can flip my boker trainer pretty well, when I switch to my AB I have trouble getting it to do what I want. Both weigh the same boker is a smaller knife, I think it seems easier cause that weight in the boker is more in the handles then the AB. Rollers are so smooth with the boker but seems u like I have to put alot more effort to get the AB to come around. Thoughts?

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sounds like you suck... but it's hard to tell without a video :bwah:

chutcher and Balibuyer like this.
  3. Brandon Fleck

Most definitely part of the issue. Only been flipping for a month.

Balibuyer likes this.
  4. Brandon Fleck

And on that note, seems like your the forum asshole. From your threads and replies you a negative person with major issues. And why I won't be returning to this site. I come in as a new guy asking for help and you come in with a asshole reply. Dueces, get your shit fixed, nobody likes you pleb.

VashHash, Balibuyer and Pinoy Knife like this.
  5. Samb

Samb Huge Member

I thought I held that title.

6. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thicken up your skin my brother.

Its all fun and games here

Post that flippin vid

You'll get some good feedback soon

chutcher likes this.
  7. Flip Tripper

Flip Tripper Huge member JDBA Official Member

Repetition and practice and don't be so serious,:smurf: Have fun... It'll happen in due time!

8. laughingbuddha

Lighten up Francis. I put a laughing emoji at the end of my sentence because I was joking.

*** You'll be back! Even if it's just to read my reply :bwah:

9. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't have any experience with Boker balisongs myself so I can't say for sure.

AB has bias toward the ends of the handles so it tends to carry momentum without much effort. Fiddle around with it a bit and find the center of balance.

A lot of newer flippers tend to generate power from their elbows and move their arms around a lot but you really only need your wrists most of the time. For practice I'd recommend resting your elbow on something and only moving your wrist. Small movements mean smoother flipping.

There's also the possibility that your pivots might not be properly tuned. AB have bushings and can typically be tightened down all the way onto them but every now and then they arent properly sized or fitted and you end up with some blade freeze. Try holding it in the closed position and letting each handle drop to see if it swings freely then do the same from the open position. If it doesn't, you may need to disassemble and clean it or adjust the pivots.

Also welcome to JD homie.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Flip Tripper likes this.
  10. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Don't mind Buddha, he lives in upside down land. It's in their blood.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Hahahahaha I like this guy. He did his research before making the correct assumption that Buddha is an asshole.

***I don't know how I missed this fantastic post

VashHash and XxGRYMMxX like this.
  12. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

:popcorneating:

13. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Baby come back.

Flip Tripper likes this.
  14. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Don't have a boker trainer but have a boker live blade. It is soooo ass heavy that rollovers and chaplins are like cheating. I suspect it is the same with the trainer. It is going to suck big time for everything else. Practice, practice, practice with the AB and in the end you will be glad you did. The AB is one of the best flippers out there.

15. laughingbuddha

So, because I'm honest and don't have a filter... I'm the bad guy?

16. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

What's so bad about being an asshole, I have been one all my life.

laughingbuddha and Balibuyer like this.
  17. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Lighten up Francis:bwah:. The guy was having a hard time transitioning from a Boker TRAINER to an AB. Of course he's going to be sensitive to any negative comment. You might as well have told a feminist to cook you a meal.

I'm disappointed that you actually made an attempt to tell him you were joking.

***You've gotten soft hahaha.

18. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

:thumbup: Admitting that you have a problem is the first step if I remember the meetings correctly. :wes:

Shawnjohn999999 and snache like this.
  19. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

No you misunderstand, not a problem for me, seems to be with others.:asshole::yesman:

20. Flip Tripper

Flip Tripper Huge member JDBA Official Member

Shawnjohn999999 and snache like this.