1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Pennsylvania

Number1S0n Apr 17, 2022

1. Number1S0n

Number1S0n Tiny Member

Hello all, my name is Gabe. I am 19 years old and have been flipping balisongs since I was 12 years old. Like most people who start flipping, I saw the meet the spy video on YouTube and thought, "that looks cool, I wanna learn how to do it." So I asked my dad what that knife was called and he said it's a balisong and he actually had one in a tackle box he used to gut fish with. So I started on a live blade, but ended up getting a few crappy Amazon trainers later. My first really quality balisong was an Alpha Beast clone (yes I know clones are bad, I was 12 and didn't know better). After not flipping for over 3 years I recently decided to get back into the hobby. Once I learned about clones and how much they hurt the community, I sold all of the clones I had. My first REAL quality bali was a beat SqT 3.5 which I still use to this day as my work flipper. I have been expanding my collection a lot recently, my main goal is to get a BM42, that will be my grail.

snache and woodlander like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

:balitrickfail: Let me be the first to :welcome6: you to the Mighty :JerzeeDevil2:! :bali:

I figured we'd get you around here eventually. Thanks for playing.

3. Morgan McQueeney

Morgan McQueeney JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Welcome to the best Balisong forum in the world. Welcome to the JD family. Post some threads get to know some people. Hang out in the forums. If you have any questions feel free to ask someone. Again welcome to the family.

Semper Fi,
    Gunny

4. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

:welcome6:Glad to have ya' at the JD!:JD_period:

5. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Welcome to the JD. You have come to the right place.:welcome:

6. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

Welcome! I, too, am from Pennsylvania, though I am not 19 years old.

I wish you luck in finding your BM 42. As for clones being bad, it really wasn't their fault: it was the result of their programming by the Kaminoans which caused them to execute Order 66 and essentially destroy the Jedi, and allow Emperor Palpatine, aka Darth Sideous, to establish the Galactic Empire.

7. Number1S0n

Number1S0n Tiny Member

Lmao, I am playing Lego Star Wars as I read this what a coincidence

Morgan McQueeney, xeodguy and snache like this.
  8. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

93919829-welcome-red-devil-or-zombie-monster-hand-holding-a-halloween-sign.jpg

9. Number1S0n

Number1S0n Tiny Member

I may have actually just found a 42S for under 300, and it's legit. :O
    Well actually, I didn't find it, a buddy of mine is selling it and he knew I wanted one so he asked me first before putting it up for sale

Morgan McQueeney and snache like this.
  10. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

That's amazing! I haven't seen one at that price in, I think, decades. Congrats! :Applause:

11. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Get some pictures before you buy and post here. The Mighty JD will know if it is real or not.

12. Number1S0n

Number1S0n Tiny Member

I already confirmed it with both him and the balisong discord server, he knew as soon as I asked to see the inside of the channels lol. It's legit

snache and chutcher like this.
  13. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

If you are sure then snatch it up

14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

The what video? Most of us started by watching Hitgirl and thought, "that girl is not flipping a real BM42".

***:welcome3:

Morgan McQueeney and crogers like this.