1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Heibel Valor opinions

snakebill May 3, 2021

1. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

So what’s the consensus? Pretty sure it’s on bearings which I don’t mind. Looks cool? How do they flip? Anybody have one?

2. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

its good enough, for a bearing model. mill marks on blade make it look alot less expensive than it is though.

i could probly say more good things, but i'm pretty sick of bearing balis so i rarely even touch it.

snakebill likes this.
  3. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

Thanks for the response. The only bearing knife I have is a lucha on aluminum flytanium channel handles. I’m just not sure if I want a $600 knife that’s just so-so

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

600? pass, not a hard pass, but still a pass.

apdallaround and snakebill like this.
  5. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

any reason why you say pass? I paid $500 for my chab and as it stands now it’s my favorite Balisong I have. I’m really liking the look of the valor, but it is sandwich and no real reviews of it out there.

6. BennytheBlade

Yeah I like the looks as well, but if you have a chab for 5, I dont think you will be impressed with a sandwich at 6, Cant get tune a chab at least not much, but it doesnt really need it.

apdallaround and snakebill like this.
  7. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

thanks for the advice

BennytheBlade likes this.
  8. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm a fan.

It's pretty comparable to other block spacer ti balis. The bearings aren't super slick like some and are relatively smooth so they don't feel like gears.

The price is pretty high but the fit and finish and complexity of the milling justify that imo. It's also a midtech so if that's a thing that matters to you there's that.

BennytheBlade and snakebill like this.
  9. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

I guess I could always get ceramic bearings if I didn’t like them. Truthfully, I don’t even know what a midtech means. Can you explain? I’ve seen that description used a lot.

10. BennytheBlade

That's another good point imo. Its definitely a great knife but for 600, I can get a custom.

blaPsplaT and snakebill like this.
  11. TheronJ

A Heibel custom typically costs a good deal more than that and so do many others these days.

It's steep, that's for sure. I wouldn't try to talk someone into spending the money but if you want it and can afford it then I don't see why not.

snakebill likes this.
  12. TheronJ

The term is a little blurry but generally it means that it's not a production model but not a custom. Usually it's a small production run that is tuned and finished by the maker.

Sometimes people will refer to that as a custom, sometimes they'll call it a production model. Hence the "midtech" moniker.

snakebill likes this.
  13. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Mid tech is cncd with some hand finishing

snakebill likes this.
  14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Thanks for making me search for it...asshole.

***That's a great looking rendering (not a fan of the real thing)

Valor-Render55645.png

snakebill likes this.
  15. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

I decided to say fuck it and bought one. PVK said they have a 14 day return policy with a 10% restocking fee. If I don’t like it I’ll eat the $60.

BennytheBlade and TheronJ like this.
  16. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

DE0DDA61-4930-4DD5-A273-D5E489E0C8EA.jpeg
    picked up #59 from PVK. It’s awesome. Flips like a kukri alpha beast, blade heavy but still balanced well. I love it. Pics don’t do the ani justice.

17. TheronJ

They aren't blade heavy.

That would be the worst weight distribution for flipping.

Nice score though. Mine has green chamfers and polished raw flats.

snakebill likes this.
  18. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

You really don’t think it has a blade bias? Either way I love it. Green chamfer with polished flats sounds awesome. Can you post a pic?

19. TheronJ

[​IMG] [​IMG]

On the right.

Nah I don't think they're blade heavy at all. It's pretty standard weight distribution for knives with block spacers. Center of balance is right where it needs to be while flipping. A blade heavy knife will try to fly away during rollovers.

blaPsplaT and snakebill like this.
  20. snakebill

snakebill Little Member

Nice collection. I didn’t realize a blade heavy knife would do that. I’m still learning a lot about this hobby. That’s a great color combo on your valor. I hope you’re enjoying it.