1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Heibel Knives Valor Balisong First Production

spookyse7en Apr 3, 2021

1. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Anyone have have one of these? If so what are your opinions on it? Good flipper? Quality build? Would love to hear your thoughts before I pull the trigger.

apdallaround likes this.
  2. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Very solid build and flipper.

They're most comparable to an alpha beast. Almost the same weight distribution.

The price is a little high but the fit and finish is perfect. I'd say if you're looking into getting one it's definitely worth it. Might not replace your favorite flipper but it'll be comparable.

apdallaround likes this.
  3. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I passed and got a bronze Tach 2. Maybe later.

4. TheronJ

I've always thought tach 2's are kind of pieces of shit but that's just me. They flip pretty well but they're an absolute clinic on poor design choices.

5. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Only bad design choice on 'em are the latch. Other than that I think they are great knives.

6. TheronJ

The blade of tanto version contacts the spacers. They are known to have been shipped with seized bushings and just generally wacky hardware issues. For some unfathomable reason they used a roll pin for the latch. For an equally unfathomable reason they used security torx for the hardware. The titanium was supposedly 6AL4V or grade 5 but it's so impure that certain shades of ano often couldn't be done without spotting. Massive fit and finish issues. Early models weren't chamfered/rounded. The handles are kind of just square slabs.

They flip nice but I'll always try to talk people out of spending a cent more than retail price for them which was already honestly too high.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Pinoy Knife likes this.