1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Having a little phone fun with a persistent salesperson....

waterdogs Jun 20, 2018

1. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

It wasn`t too long after Nine-Eleven, I was working inside the office, catching up on some paperwork. I answered the phone, and knew right away it was someone trying to sell something. "I`m sorry, but we don`t have a purchasing agent", I told the caller, hoping he`d take the hint and go away...."How about the President of the company, what`s HIS name?" asked the caller "Ed Gladstone" I replied, but I deliberately mis-pronounced it as "Glad-Stone-Nay"...."Can I speak to him?" asked the guy...."No", I replied...."he`s gone for the weekend....try again next week".

Next week, I`m in the office again, and answer the phone, only to recognize the voice...."Can I speak to Ed Glad-Stone-Nay ?" I said "Please hold"....I put him on hold, and alerted the other office workers. "Here`s that numbnuts that called last week looking for The President", I told them, then put the guy on speakerphone.

Me: "Hello, can I help you?"
    Him: "Yes, can I speak to the President?"
    Me: "I`m sorry, but the President has been moved to an undisclosed location" (muffled giggles from my co-workers)
    30 seconds of silence....
    Me: "Hello?????"....
    Him: "Uhhhh, okay....how about the VICE President....what`s HIS name ?"
    Me: "Dick Cheney" (more giggles)
    Him: "All right....can I speak to HIM then ???"

(**Uproarious laughter**)

desmodus and Kelper like this.