1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Have you been to the range lately?

Sheldon_Wickersham Apr 28, 2016

1. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

A nice ankle holster, perhaps? Might need some bell bottoms though ...

2. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

There's a new indoor range about 12 miles from my house, named Mission Ridge Range, San Antonio. They have a total of 26 shooting lanes; which includes the only 100 yard indoor range in town. It is a very nice state of the art facility; they also have a 5 lane Archery range. Its a little pricey; they charge by the hour; depending on the time of the day (and day of the week) either $25 or $30 an hour. They also have memberships at different levels. I have the "Gold" membership - means no range fees and free targets. If I make sure I go 4 times in a month I've covered my membership fees for the month. Since I'm retired I can go any time of the day they are open.

I've been to the range three times this month already; Sunday I shot my PSA PA-9 (9mm AR Pistol) to dial in the Vortex SPARC II I put on it. I've shot my Ruger Alaskan, the PA-9, a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 pistol, a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 Colt, a Rock Island 10mm Commander, and a 1948 S&W M&P 4" .38 Special that is marked "POLICIA NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA". I wanted to shoot the Ranch Hand from the hip; but the range officer said I had to use the sights; then he pointed up to the overhead and showed me all (and there were a lot) the marks left by someone(s) shooting the ceiling! Actually all things considered holding the gun with both arms extended and using the sights was better then I thought - considering the Ranch Hand is a just for fun gun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PA-9 with Sig Romeo-5 Red Dot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CZ Scorpion Evo 3 with a Sig 3x Sport Scope; the target was shot using the Sig Romeo 5

[​IMG]
    Rossi Ranch Hand .45 Colt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1948 S&W M&P .38 Special "Policia Nacional de Colombia"

[​IMG]
    Rock Island 10mm Commander sized with rail.

Today I also shot a few rounds thru a Savage Model 516 - a bolt action .308 Pistol - a beast! It doesn't have the long eye relief scope shown in the picture; I have a Leupold Mark AR Scope. Because of that and the fact that hadn't shot it yet the first round down range was, to say the least, exciting. Since I had a "standard eye relief scope" I was up close and personal with the gun and scope; surprisingly when the scope hit my glasses it didn't even scratch the lens; but I did get a very small scratch on the bridge of my nose! Lesson for the day - a .308 Pistol is a stout shooting gun!

[​IMG]

Manuelp, leo, QMAXIMUS and 1 other person like this.
  3. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

Made it out again today. Pretty decent results I think. Loving this AR and optic more and more and much love for the magic Grayguns parts in my P220

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

Wanted to throw up another picture, went back out this weekend and took the whole arsenal

[​IMG]

QMAXIMUS, BennytheBlade and Manuelp like this.
  5. Hackthisred

Hackthisred Tiny Member

I went to the range last week and will be going back again as soon as more ammo arrives

6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Please post an intro as per our rules.

I love seeing the rimfires Sean. Too many people only shoot the heavy stuff but forget there roots. I doubt many peeps started shooting desert eagles or Barrett. I started on a .22, fell in love with it, and go back to it early and often.

7. Thanos74

Thanos74 Should be a custom title here

Hey there big guy, you might wanta read the rules and post an intro in the testing the waters/new members thread. Just giving you a heads up :cheers:

crogers likes this.
  8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Dang, that echo has come back! :bwah:

Thanos74 likes this.
  9. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Got so tired of public ranges (and the idiots that use them.) Don't miss them. Built us a nice berm at the end of a straight away on 47 acres of old logging property. Any suggestions on what we could plant on the berm to keep it from washing away too soon and increase it's overall durability would be greatly appreciated!

SOCALSURF, QMAXIMUS and seandavid55 like this.
  10. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I would think that surrounding ground cover would cover it in a matter of time. I've seen a lot of berms with no vegetation. They don't seem to wash away.

Keep us posted.

11. GuItArMaN8373

Going on a year so far and not too much erosion has occurred. Damn weeds take over like nobody's business. Farm tractor + brush hog was a GREAT investment.

SOCALSURF likes this.
  12. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I shot in my backyard 4 times this week. I shoot steel for a majority of cases except when I practice for IDPA.

13. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I go a few times a week. Sometimes in the backyard, and sometimes at the club.

I went yesterday, Monday and last Saturday.

Shot the G19 Gen 3, Gen 4 Glock 19 MOS, Gen 4 Glock 19 standard, Glock Gen 4 34 and Sig P365.

About 700 rounds total.

SOCALSURF likes this.
  14. SOCALSURF

SOCALSURF Huge member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

22046691_1070512556419590_1679539842795320158_n.jpg 22046870_1070512679752911_111479301372191488_n.jpg 21687986_10210739837232193_6293976910266666710_n.jpg :boboli::honcho:
    ^ I totally agree (at least from my one and only experience here in San Diego). How is your berm holding up?

The last range I was at, was on the then vacated Clark Air Base in Angeles City, PI, back in 2008. That was actually one of the most incredible shooting experiences (with the exception of my military days) of my life (being able to hang out with a bunch of special guys who were doing special things for our country down in Mindanao)...that and going into the town/bars with a few of these guys later that night.

Now, the only places I do my target shooting, is either up at my brother's property about an hour Northwest of Paso Robles, or up in Northern Idaho on good friend's cattle ranch. It's so much more enjoyable, being in the outdoors...where you can barbeque, have a beer and not have to deal with anyone else (rules & regulations & idiots)....

BTW- does anyone here in San Diego County have a place to shoot? I'll bring the beer and sausage, ammo, & a few firearms!
    :bang::bang::bang::boboli::boboli::honcho:

GuItArMaN8373 and seandavid55 like this.
  15. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

:trixie::trixie::trixie::trixie::trixie::trixie::trixie:

seandavid55 and crogers like this.
  16. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That would be OK, if it wasn't so loud! :bwah:

Now, I want one.

BennytheBlade and Thanos74 like this.
  17. seandavid55

Kind of, damn snow.

20190311_143704-1024x768.jpg

BennytheBlade and Thanos74 like this.
  18. GuItArMaN8373

seandavid55 likes this.
  19. seandavid55

Just the chassis.

20. GuItArMaN8373

Thinking about letting go of a few balis and getting a complete rifle. Sub 1/2 moa guarantee is insane.

seandavid55 likes this.