1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Have you been to the range lately?

Sheldon_Wickersham Apr 28, 2016

1. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Had a great Grayguns Day! 9s, 10s and 11s image.jpg

sam eib likes this.
  2. Malt

Malt PEW PEW Brigade Member

Shoot a rifle and handgun competition yesterday great fun. Need more practice on my rifle.Put a new stock on my ar whit longer recoil spring Litle nicer to shoot.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    some rifles
    Hk 416
    [​IMG]

mp5
    [​IMG]

ag3
    [​IMG]

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE likes this.
  3. Malt

Malt PEW PEW Brigade Member

Working at the range to day Making som new ranges for next year's Vikingmatch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Old School Revolver day... IMG_0258.jpg

5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I really do need to spend more time at the range...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:madaddy::madaddy::madaddy::madaddy::madaddy:

6. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

A bad day at the range,is better than a good day at work,i say..:ropeman:

Just finished a $70,000-ISH renovation of our club,after raising dues,not long ago,with all new backstops,meeting room etc.

My cousin is the President of our 8800 member club here in town and practically lives there and we go every week to see how bad a headache we can get..

I like to go at 5:00 AM when no one is there and wifey love it,as you can see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She hates breathing in "the dust".. :bwah:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
  7. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Didn't know this thread exists. I typically bring 4 or five guns/rifles. I shoot at steel at 25, 50 and 75 yards. I bring AR 500 steel plates from Arntzen. Luckily, I have an elevator and utility cart to lug things around the house, down a ramp to the car. Ill have to post some pics of our range next visit. We can only go out to 250 yards. It's good enough for what I do.:manganr:

I go weekly but in brighter months, sometimes twice a week.

I've been working on consistency with a 44 Magnum PC 7.5" 629 by Smith and Wesson.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
  8. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

thanks for sharing AJ, practicing shooting skills is always a good thing, i can always tell a difference when i go too long without practicing myself.

9. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Good job, AJ and wifey! Looks like a productive day. :thumbsup:

I took three new/novice shooters to the local outdoor range Sunday for a .45 vs. 9mm, platform size, fundamentals course of fire.

My selections included a WG SIG P226 and P220 (large frame), Gen 3 Glock 19 and Glock 30 (medium frame) and SA XDs .45 and S&W Shield 9mm (small frame) - each shooter shot at least one mag through each. We shot for three hours plus.

One of the shooters brought his two day old SA XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm. The first shooter (a small female) liked the P226 9mm best; another shooter (a medium-sized female), liked the Glock 19 RTF2 9mm best; 6'2" 300 lb Dan liked the S&W Shield 9mm best - and at 5'9" 200 lbs, I liked Dan's XDm best.

Ain't that a peach? Guns, like boots and jeans, fit each of us differently... :jdwink2:

10. crogers

Careful there AJ... looks like you better not piss the missus off!! :bwah:

11. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Hit the new range/guntry club in town this past weekend.

Pretty uneventful although I did shoot the AR for the first time to sight in the irons and red dot. 25 yrds. I was aiming 1.5" north of impact - think that's about right. Ran pretty decently using federal 55gr brass. 1 shortstroke/double feed that was easily cleared, everything else went as planned.

Also shot the glock for the first time after having a squib/partial detonation load a few weeks ago. cycled some snapcaps first and checked everything over prior and as planned it all went swimmingly.

Also put a few through the rock and the sig 9mm.

[​IMG]2016-11-21_10-37-17 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

7yds with the rock island.

The new range allows draw from holster after you take a required class. It was a bit of a draw for me but after seeing how small the range is (7 bays?) I think I'll pass on it for most indoor range duty.

12. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Little shooting at the house before the rain hit. Always fun

[​IMG]

13. seandavid55

New Target

[​IMG]:thumbsup:

14. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Your house? The wife doesn't get upset?

15. seandavid55

Haha no. She's very cool. At the house I pretty much use suppressors on everything. She doesn't hear much of the guns firing. The steel targets aren't overly loud in the house.

16. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Is that one of those skorpion carbines, I was curious if those were worth the money, do you like yours?

17. seandavid55

The scorpion is actually a friend's. That was the first time I've shot one. The 9mm AR in the photo is mine. He loves the CZ and it's been reliable for him. It shot well, just not my cup of tea.

18. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]IMG_20161210_100751 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

9mm on the right, (glock 19 are the ones to the left of bullseye - always left, Sig 938 shoots pretty true for me)
    New 22LR Victory on the other target. Getting used to shooting this one yet, with the red dot - it seems pretty fast but the precision isn't quite there yet. To be fair I am sure I am rushing the process now that I'm grabbing ammo from a 500 box rather than a 50.

28 ft

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  19. Eric N

Eric N Little member

Too cold to go to my gun clubs outdoor range. Been too cold around here in Minnesota this past month. I have to sight in my Thompson-Center Encore 30-06 pistol.I put a new scope on it. That and a new 12 inch 44mag barrel. Should be fun. Here bear,here bear,come here you tasty thing.

20. crogers