1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Have you been to the range lately?

Sheldon_Wickersham Apr 28, 2016

1. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

It really sucks but I say fork up the money to re-register with the club if that is all you can to to own a gun legally. You won't care about having that extra money in the bank when your house is being robbed and your glock is sitting in the police station! :unintroduced:

2. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

As opposed to when your house is being robbed, and as required by law it's sitting unloaded in the safe?

3. PNWJimbo

Oh jeez, is that the law down under? Time to move :thumbsup:

4. genetik_defekt

genetik_defekt Little member

Yep rat is correct. All firearms must be inside a secured fixed mounted safe thats approved by local police. Ammunition is never to be kept in the firearm, but locked up in a separate unit. Can be inside the same safe though. The self defense law here is absurd too. If someone breaks into my home and attacks me with a knife and i shoot and kill them im looking at manslaughter. If i stabbed them it would be considered reasonable force because it was 50/50 fight

5. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Clearly, the answer is the middle ground. You need a Mosin! You don't even need ammo for it, just the bayonet should do the trick.

6. PNWJimbo

You have to defend your life and property from a criminal in a fair fight??? :ross:

Edit: Having flashbacks to when I watched Crocodile Dundee as a child. Do your lawmakers think this was based on a true story or something??

[video=youtube;WWl8EbNN8NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWl8EbNN8NM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  7. PNWJimbo

Getting back on topic...

Today was pretty great. Last night I found great deal on a pretty mint USP T on armslist. Met the guy right after work, did the transfer at a range right between both of us. I didn't take too many pictures because I just wanted to shoot and get out of there before traffic, which I still ended up getting stuck in. Now it's time to buy a can :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE likes this.
  8. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Investigador Subaquatico

A little 9 and some 10

I ran some 9mm pistol practice and then threw in a little 10mm just for good measure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. loonybin

loonybin Huge member

I'm looking forward to hitting the range again this weekend. I haven't been in a few months and I still need to break in my M&P Shield, plus let my wife practice with it. The heat index is going to make it a bugger, though.

10. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Was out last Tuesday again with the carry guns. Was a lot of fun, went through some .45, 9mm and .38spl.

Also finally called up Crossbreed, sick of the crap with my FNX holster. lol

11. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

PNWJimbo, great pictures and awesome assortment of shooters. One of my great range days was many years ago on a Camp Pendelton range with some BARs and crates of loaded mags, bouncing 55 gallon drums that were across a valley:thumbsup: Now this week had had to be satisfied with my new DPMS G2 308 Recon. I did shoot one of my suppressed 22s. Regards

PNWJimbo likes this.
  12. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

13. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Range?

Two weeks ago I shot the Texas LEOSA Qualification Course so I can continue to carry as a Retired LEO; last week I took a few guns to the range including a Colt Commercial 1911 in .38 Super, Colt Series 80 Gold Cup Trophy, and a Safari Arms Enforcer (Commander slide, Officer's frame).

A lousy cellphone photo - but I really like how the Gold Cup shot:

[​IMG]

14. Veker

Veker Average member

I've been trying to go every weekend or 2. I primarily reload 38, 357, and Swiss 7.5x55. I recently got a m360 snub so I'm trying to better my skills with that. I also shoot my AKs quite a bit.

I have a newborn baby on the way so I'm really trying to go as much as possible right now before all my time goes to him.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  15. PNWJimbo

Love those 1911 grips. Nice shootin! :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm joining a new rifle range in July (costs half price to join half way through the year). Stay tuned for a nice new post from me in a couple of weeks :devilwag:

16. GregB

GregB Average member

Yesterday....

Went to my local outdoor range yesterday after work. 100 rounds of 22LR through the Ruger Mark II. 75 rounds of 380 through the new Ruger LCP custom. 50 rounds of 38 spl from the Ruger GP100 at the swinger (double taps) then did 25rds of 45ACP from the Kahr PM45, doubltapping the swinger. Good day.

17. Malt

Malt PEW PEW Brigade Member

My first rifle and pistol match to day, basically same rules as ipsc :ropeman: but a little different tho. Had allot of fun to day, nice range out here on the west coast of Norway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

That's pretty sweet Malt, thanks for the share; awesome pics!

We were up visiting friends in Cutbank, MT yesterday and hit their local range. The wind was blowing sideways at 90 degrees, ~15mph with 20/25 mph gusts. 1st shot at 500 yards was 2' low and left, as was called out to me. I corrected one mil up and right, Ken'tuck style and hit the 2' gong with the next five before calling it done at their max distance.

Original owner 1993 vintage SA M1A w/ARMs #18 mount and Millet TRS-1 scope using a Harris bipod and 1980's 147 gr. Santa Barbara FMJ mil-surp. I'd never shot it at this distance and was happy with 5/6 shots on steel with wind that was blowing off ball caps and anything not bolted down.

M1A 8-13.jpg

Using this bench, that's the 500 yard gong behind the left-most pallet, in the center of the brown streak just below the thin green line before the Canola field.

CBR.jpg

Look to the right of the green where it hits the yellow. See the step in the upper right hand corner? That's a small valley that runs horizontally; face on, the 350 yard and 500 yard gongs almost look side by side, but they're not...

19. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Since it's so popular, I thought I'd make this a sticky...

20. PNWJimbo

Had an interesting day... Cleaned my AR before heading to the range and one of the three gas rings in my bolt assembly was broken and fell out. Wonder how long it was broken in there :unintroduced: ( I was kind of overdue for a cleaning :ropeman:)

Luckily 1 of the 4 gun stores in my area had some in stock, so I went and got some (and spares in case it happens again):

[​IMG]

And Installed them (Lookin good in there :madaddy:)

[​IMG]

My rifle/handgun bags with some fresh patches... :devilwag:

[​IMG]

Trying to work on my pistol accuracy mostly today. Put 80 rounds through the AR just to make sure it was functioning properly with the new gas rings :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

So I start talking to a guy unloading a bunch of rifles into the rack and he tells me there is one I "have to try".... A "slide fire stock" with a very funny [D]emocrat/30 caliber clip engraved saftey.

[​IMG]

Video of what the slidefire is like: :devilzeek

[video=youtube;dvLt8-Wf7r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLt8-Wf7r0[/video]

Finally, right before I left the same guy let me put a few through his new BUL M5 1911. It had a beautiful red fiber sight and 2 lb competition trigger. A DREAM to shoot... and The grips look kind of familiar... maybe like something I had commented on a few posts ago... :devilwag: :bwah: :unintroduced:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016